The Chapel

Montegriffo

Re: The Chapel

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:31 am

DrYouth wrote:Uh...

Glad you could make it GCF...

Join the Pastafarians in the made up religion aisle - right behind the atheists.

Now all the pagans and new agers...

Happy Winter Solstice!

Drum circle and break out yoga sessions will begin promptly at 1900hrs.

Expect ritual hazing to follow.
Oi, you don't mock my religion and I won't mock yours. This is my Holy day and it is sacred to me. ;)
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:09 pm

Primitive Baptist here. Sorry I'm late. We can start the sangin' now.

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:11 pm

One more, then we can get back to the sermon.

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:58 pm

That's awesome stuff Okee!

I was raised Roman Catholic...
and I still have a soft spot for the ritual of the mass, the vestments, the choir, the incense.

Sadly my wife broke with the Church... and my own practice lapsed in my teens. We were married in the Church but my wife had no appetite for returning to it after we moved out west.

We celebrate Christmas informally, but have no church that we belong to and I guess still yearn for a congregation at some weird level.

Anyways - on that note:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:03 pm

You'd love the Church now. Very progressive. Why, my local Church is packed with so much diversity from literally all over the world it's quite astonishing. I was I think one of the few white people there. Felt vibrant AF. The clothing, the mannerisms, the languages. Just enriching.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:07 pm

DrYouth wrote:That's awesome stuff Okee!

and I still have a soft spot for the ritual of the mass, the vestments, the choir, the incense.

Sadly my wife broke with the Church... and my own practice lapsed in my teens. We were married in the Church but my wife had no appetite for returning to it after we moved out west.

We celebrate Christmas informally, but have no church that we belong to and I guess still yearn for a congregation at some weird level.

Anyways - on that note:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Glad you liked it. I posted it all over the DCF for the last few months. Sacred Harp is an American shape note style that was invented in colonial times when there weren't any music schools in America. It all came from the church. I'd thought it was dying out as my elders were passing on, but I got back into it and found there was a revival afoot. It's all over Europe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhqKWzT ... ONSXM8S0d7

All that Fa So La Mi at the beginning is the four notes. Four notes are easier than seven in a place where schools are scarce.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:10 pm

This is how we roll.

Sacred harp is cool, but good old polyphany works for me.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:12 pm

But these guys deserve respectful mention:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:26 pm

DrYouth wrote:That's awesome stuff Okee!

Anyways - on that note:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

This is sad. Just go to mass, man. It's a priceless gift to you for as long as you draw breath.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:37 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:But these guys deserve respectful mention:

Great take on a great song. Thanks for sharing that.

He smiled at me; me and my drum.