Literal Odds and Ends

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:07 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote: And good luck finding a use for that skill outside of competitive gymnastics.

Off the top of my head..

Martial Arts
Rock Climbing
Climbing to safety
Hobby
Hobby
Easily done by anyone scared for their life.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:17 am

So I may or may not have wound up with this bike. It's a long story. Supposedly it's a fixed speed and built for my height. I haven't test ridden it yet because it has aflatt. I don't know anything about bikes. Can I pop curbs with this or nah? Seems like the wheels would be too easy to bend and I want to avoid riding in the street as much as possible when traffic is heavy. I think it says "BH" "gira" and "REYNOLD 525 CHROME-MOLY butted frame tubes." Seems well built and light. Also expensive. What do I have here on my hands?

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:33 am

Spanish built bike. 8-9yo. High-quality brand. Sold for $1000 when it was new.

https://www.bhbikesusa.com/

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:46 am

Hastur wrote:Spanish built bike. 8-9yo. High-quality brand. Sold for $1000 when it was new.

I was just reading some reviews on it. This thing is sweet :P

Do you Swede fags ride bikes a lot? Europe has an enviable lack of suburban sprawl.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:47 am

Is it a fixie? Hipster fags love those things, apparently. I'd steer clear.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:47 am

When Mark Dice said called MSNBC MSHIV yesterday I bout spit out my coffee.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:49 am

Okeefenokee wrote:Is it a fixie? Hipster fags love those things, apparently. I'd steer clear.
You can fix the wheel either way by swapping it around using a 5mm Allen wrench.

Yeah I got it from a total hipster. I'm staying near work in a hipster area now. I already live in a van so might as well go the whole nine yards. I would have preferred a mountain bike tbh.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:50 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Hastur wrote:Spanish built bike. 8-9yo. High-quality brand. Sold for $1000 when it was new.

Do you Swede fags ride bikes a lot? Europe has an enviable lack of suburban sprawl.
Lots of bikes around here. Used for commuting. Fixies not so much. Only some hipster wannabes imitating NY bike messengers.

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:53 am

Hastur wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:

Lots of bikes around here. Used for commuting. Fixies not so much. Only some hipster wannabes imitating NY bike messengers.
Well this thing can be fixed or free. What is the supposed advantages of fixed? I see some reviews saying you can remove the rear brake line for a cleaner look

Also, how would I put a basket on it?

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:00 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Hastur wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:

Well this thing can be fixed or free. What are the supposed advantages of fixed? I see some reviews saying you can remove the rear brake line for a cleaner look

Also, how would I put a basket on it?
The advantage of fixed is the control you get. If I was you I would set it to free. Much more relaxed that way. Baskets are for little old ladies. You could probably put a generic rear carrier on it. A front one would look silly on that sleek model.