TheReal_ND

Re: Social Justice Warriors Thread

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue May 23, 2017 11:22 am

Yeah. AromWhaffe. All his buddies are about to get a proctology from the FBI

apeman

Post by apeman » Tue May 23, 2017 1:16 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
de officiis wrote:Why have razors gotten so damned expensive, BTW? Scandalous.

They created an oligopoly. Nobody is allowed to manufacture generic razor blades for powered razors because of patent law. So they make a killing by driving up razor prices.

Because the two companies patented every conceivable way to manufacture a powered razor, nobody can really get in there without paying them hefty royalties.

Another reason patents are a mistake.
Get a Merkur safety razor right now:

http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Merkur- ... oCyoHw_wcB

I change the razor once every two weeks, spent less than $50 on the razor with a packet of 100 razors five years ago, have no spent a single cent on shaving since beside shaving cream.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue May 23, 2017 2:17 pm

apeman wrote:

They created an oligopoly. Nobody is allowed to manufacture generic razor blades for powered razors because of patent law. So they make a killing by driving up razor prices.

Because the two companies patented every conceivable way to manufacture a powered razor, nobody can really get in there without paying them hefty royalties.

I change the razor once every two weeks, spent less than $50 on the razor with a packet of 100 razors five years ago, have no spent a single cent on shaving since beside shaving cream.
What kind of butter or lotion do you use?

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue May 23, 2017 2:21 pm

apeman wrote:

That's a damn good looking razor! Amazing aesthetics; looks nice and heavy; is it steel or chrome?

I'm getting one, that's all there is to it. A man should start the day with something that approximates the feel of a hand grenade or a M1911, not a fucking tampon inserter. :goteam: :drunk:

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue May 23, 2017 2:25 pm

Fife wrote:
apeman wrote:

That's a damn good looking razor! Amazing aesthetics; looks nice and heavy; is it steel or chrome?

I'm getting one, that's all there is to it. A man should start the day with something that approximates the feel of a hand grenade or a M1911, not a fucking tampon inserter. :goteam: :drunk:
Buy me one too yes?

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue May 23, 2017 2:29 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Fife wrote:
apeman wrote:

Buy me one too yes?
I'll trade you a brand new one for a case of Natty. You have to drive to some state park in Tennessee to collect though.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue May 23, 2017 2:31 pm

Deal. I'm going to Nashville in maybe about ten weeks or so for some vacation.

My friend lives there shacked up with a Filipino girl... I'm not saying I would normally go there (though some neighborhoods are kind of cool, like his)

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 23, 2017 3:09 pm

Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Head to Gatlinburg. They need the business.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue May 23, 2017 3:15 pm

That shits all burnt up dude

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue May 23, 2017 3:29 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:That shits all burnt up dude

Mostly around the town. The national park is fine. It's huge. There are fires in the parks every year. They usually don't affect surrounding towns that badly.