NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

SilverEagle

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by SilverEagle » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:25 am

StCapps wrote:I'd still pray for the quick return of Matt Murray if I were you. Marc Andre Fleury is a ticking time bomb.
Maybe he is and maybe he is not. However I will admit History is not on his side. I have a feeling Murray's injury is worse than most think. I still have not heard anything about his injury except that it's a lower body injury...I mean we all saw that on film, and he's not skated since pregame warm up for game 1. I have a feeling he will not be back this season.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:36 am

SilverEagle wrote:
StCapps wrote:I'd still pray for the quick return of Matt Murray if I were you. Marc Andre Fleury is a ticking time bomb.
Maybe he is and maybe he is not. However I will admit History is not on his side. I have a feeling Murray's injury is worse than most think. I still have not heard anything about his injury except that it's a lower body injury...I mean we all saw that on film, and he's not skated since pregame warm up for game 1. I have a feeling he will not be back this season.
Looked like he jacked his groin up. It certainly didn't look good, you might be stuck with the ticking time bomb unfortunately.
*yip*

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:59 am

Pittsburgh is on a break, waiting for the next team to advance to the second round!

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:01 pm

Game, Blue shirts. Series, Blue Shirts. Yeah baby.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:11 am

Penner wrote:Pittsburgh is on a break, waiting for the next team to advance to the second round!
Yep and I love our chances now. Washington will choke against us. Pens in 6.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:02 am

Smitty I know you were not expecting the Leafs to beat the Caps but they did a hell of a job. They took the Caps to OT 4 out of the 6 games and one of those was double OT. I think your club has a bright future for sure. That being said I think my Pens will take care of the Caps for you.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:04 am

SilverEagle wrote:Smitty I know you were not expecting the Leafs to beat the Caps but they did a hell of a job. They took the Caps to OT 4 out of the 6 games and one of those was double OT. I think your club has a bright future for sure. That being said I think my Pens will take care of the Caps for you.
5 out of 6 games went to OT. You best pray for Matt Murray's return or Marc Andre Fleury could fuck you over.
*yip*

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:11 am

StCapps wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:Smitty I know you were not expecting the Leafs to beat the Caps but they did a hell of a job. They took the Caps to OT 4 out of the 6 games and one of those was double OT. I think your club has a bright future for sure. That being said I think my Pens will take care of the Caps for you.
5 out of 6 games went to OT. You best pray for Matt Murray's return or Marc Andre Fleury could fuck you over.
Shit you're right. 5 out of 6. As far as Fleury goes.....something is different about him this post season. I'm not losing hope yet.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:24 am

SilverEagle wrote:As far as Fleury goes.....something is different about him this post season. I'm not losing hope yet.
That isn't praying hard enough, you best hope that the hockey gods don't smite you for it.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:53 am

Future is bright, but they still have quite a ways to go yet, only have to look at Martin Marincin being on the ice in overtime missing the asignment on the game winning goal, or rather just playing soft and letting the guy get to crease unmolested, to see how thin the Leafs are on the back end, the Leafs may actually have to take a step back before they go forward again, because defensively, they're a bag of squeaky toys. Also couldn't score because they couldn't, or just wouldn't, get to the front of the net; except for Matthews, none of them play a heavy game.

The Leafs were what we thought they were, they need to get heavier, they need to learn to defend, when Matthews scored last night my wife says "you're not excited", I says "Leafs are going to lose", she says "you're just being pessimistic", I says "seen it all year long, Leafs can't defend, it's gonna be 2-1 Washington in overtime" she says "you don't know that" and I says "yes I do"
Nec Aspera Terrent