The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Okeefenokee

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:41 pm

Star Marine is fun. I haven't played a shooter in years, and a PC shooter in even longer.

http://www.oneangrygamer.net/2016/12/st ... ine/19771/
About Billy D
Billy has been rustling Jimmies for years covering video games, technology and digital trends within the electronics entertainment space. The GJP cried and their tears became his milkshake.
Found a Jimmy rustler.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:03 pm

To show my age I still think that KotoR is the best Star Wars game ever (and I am not talking about the half finished, rushed sequel- which I did play and it wasn't that bad but once you learn that there were supposed to so much extra stuff and so much unfished stuff, all because their deadline was moved up by LucasStudios, can make a person really sad).

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:34 pm

Penner wrote:To show my age I still think that KotoR is the best Star Wars game ever (and I am not talking about the half finished, rushed sequel- which I did play and it wasn't that bad but once you learn that there were supposed to so much extra stuff and so much unfished stuff, all because their deadline was moved up by LucasStudios, can make a person really sad).
Did you miss Tie Fighter and X Wing Alliance? Those were super great.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:39 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Penner wrote:To show my age I still think that KotoR is the best Star Wars game ever (and I am not talking about the half finished, rushed sequel- which I did play and it wasn't that bad but once you learn that there were supposed to so much extra stuff and so much unfished stuff, all because their deadline was moved up by LucasStudios, can make a person really sad).
Did you miss Tie Fighter and X Wing Alliance? Those were super great.
Yeah, I missed though. Although, Battlefront was also good (but not as good as KotoR, IMO) and I also have the Lego Star Wars games as well.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:42 pm

:romance-hearteyes: :romance-hearteyes: :romance-hearteyes: :romance-hearteyes: :romance-hearteyes: :romance-hearteyes:

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:53 pm

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:04 pm

I got a Steam card for Christmas. I might get Arma. It looks fun.

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:04 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Penner wrote:Has anyone ever played Crusader Kings and is it good?
I enjoy it, but I'm much more into Paradox's flagship game Europa Universalis IV.

CK is all about managing personal relationships in your court. Intrigue, murder, marriage, etc.

EU4 is more about managing the empire through warfare and governmental adjustments.

Both are great, depending on what style you prefer. CK2 takes place in the Middle Ages, while EU4 is in the Renaissance period until Napoleon.
Crusader Kings is good, but it's much more of a dynastic role-playing game. The main nation-state growth mechanics are through marriage granting titles and claims, and war to press those claims. Alliances are also dependent on marriages, and will really determine your strength in a war. Everything comes down to the dynasty, marriages, children, appointments, etc.

I've found it difficult to really delve in to, as so much of your success depends upon certain dynastic rules, which can be easy or hard to change. Come countries might start with a rule that the land holdings are split between the sons, who both hold the claims on the combined land, so when you die and begin playing as the primary heir, you'll have to go to war to get your land back from your brother... Progress feels out of my control in a way that can be frustrating, but I can also see the appeal of it if you're more interested in role-playing than in "winning".

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:31 pm

Got a Dreamcast for Xmas :P with SA1 and SA2......let the good times roll......

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:17 pm

Zlaxer wrote:Got a Dreamcast for Xmas :P with SA1 and SA2......let the good times roll......
Go get you a copy of Shenmue, son. Allow yourself to become immersed in the world it builds, and enjoy.