Trump Pros Vs. Cons

Zlaxer

Re: Trump Pros Vs. Cons

Post by Zlaxer » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:13 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:We're not at war with the DPRK?
Touche....

*Major Shooting War.......

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:28 am

Pros:
- Sent the extreme left into a hilarious fit of insanity that exposed their true character to everyone else.
- Kept HRC out of the White House
- Sent my 401k and other investments skyrocketing
- Court appointments
- Exposed MSM for the useless, self-serving shills that they have likely been for years.

Cons:
- Tweets. He needs to stop
- Inability to get congress to move forward on a number of issues. Then when they do appear to come close to consensus it's on crappier legislation.
- Listening to entertainers (athletes included) voice their hate for Trump.
- As a result of the MSM totally giving up the facade, journalism in the US is left to fringe websites and YouTubers.

I was hoping more would have gotten done this first year. His own party appears to be standing in the way, which has been disappointing but not surprising. I do wonder what else has been getting done that we just don't readily hear about.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:37 am

Rescinded 1000s of regulations.
Talked down Illegal Immigration.
Destroyed ISIS.
Cancelled TPP, renegotiating NAFTA
Stock Market (that may turn on him)
SCOTUS appointment
etc.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:40 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Kath wrote:
Hastur wrote: It's less funny this time, that is the biggest difference. The hatred is stronger, more vile.
What's the sentiment towards him in your part of the world? It's hard to deny that he is behaving like a lunatic, at least from a diplomatic perspective. His only plus, as far as I can see, is that he's not Hillary. There's no swamp draining, which was his biggest draw.
Saw a list the other day (I'll have to dig it up) of all the things Trump has done, and it was substantial (more than 10), all of which I liked. Then there was a list of his failures (less than 10), all of which I liked. Trump is working out, at least for me.

p.s. I like his "asshole" attitude. So do a lot of people.
That's sort of the point, more people are hating on Trump because of his tweets, etc, but in doing so means he gets stuff done and people are none the wiser... because they are hating on what they see, and not what they don't see happening right behind their back.
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:17 am

heydaralon wrote:The weirdest thing about Donald Trump is that is damn near impossible to get anything that is just indifferent to him.
I'm largely indifferent to him, the main pro is that he's not a communist academic, the main con is that he's no Barry Goldwater neither, so on the one hand he's whipped the left up into a frenzy inciting them to bear their communist fangs in public, but on the other hand, no sign that he's actually prepared to zap any of these Neo-Rosenbergs, so it's a wash basically. /shrugs
Nec Aspera Terrent

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:52 am

Martin Hash wrote: Destroyed ISIS.
This is one of those items you near almost nothing about, even though it's kind of a big deal.

K@th

Post by K@th » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:25 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
This is one of those items you near almost nothing about, even though it's kind of a big deal.
It's a very big deal indeed. How'd he do that? When did he do that? Since terrorism is gone, can I bring toothpaste on the plane with me, again?
Account abandoned.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:27 am

Kath wrote:
PartyOf5 wrote:
It's a very big deal indeed. How'd he do that? When did he do that? Since terrorism is gone, can I bring toothpaste on the plane with me, again?
We can start doing that when we get rid of local terrorists, like the TSA.
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:29 am

PartyOf5 wrote:Pros:
- Sent the extreme left into a hilarious fit of insanity that exposed their true character to everyone else.
- Kept HRC out of the White House
- Sent my 401k and other investments skyrocketing
- Court appointments
- Exposed MSM for the useless, self-serving shills that they have likely been for years.

Cons:
- Tweets. He needs to stop
- Inability to get congress to move forward on a number of issues. Then when they do appear to come close to consensus it's on crappier legislation.
- Listening to entertainers (athletes included) voice their hate for Trump.
- As a result of the MSM totally giving up the facade, journalism in the US is left to fringe websites and YouTubers.

I was hoping more would have gotten done this first year. His own party appears to be standing in the way, which has been disappointing but not surprising. I do wonder what else has been getting done that we just don't readily hear about.
He got more done than Obama did... but I digress...

A congress that has to fight to get things through is a good thing...
#NotOneRedCent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:30 am

He's literally an incarnated Archangel, chosen by God to come down at this exact point in time to save humanity from Lucifer.