Re: SARS Pt. 2 - Wuhan Boogaloo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:14 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:01 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:56 pm

And also he could hustle chicks with ease, any age, any time, any place, so they thought he was really cool
They definitely had that in common.
I followed in his path for awhile, but then I found grace and never looked back
I spent most of my 20s and 30s as a total tart but by the time I got to my 40s it all started to seem a little undignified to devote my life to chasing totty.
Pretty shallow really.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:16 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:14 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

They definitely had that in common.
I spent most of my 20s and 30s as a total tart but by the time I got to my 40s it all started to seem a little undignified to devote my life to chasing totty.
Pretty shallow really.
I never treated any of them wrong,

I treated every single one as a young lady, with respect

Ladies choice, her call

So fucking romantic, I regret nothing
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:20 pm

Even the chicks who came to the party at the villa'

Those chicks were way faster than me, they were leading it, not me

I was like the boy they had come to feast on, not the other way round

That's why there was a bit of an empty feeling afterwards

Not right away, right away I felt like a huge stud

But then it went back to searching for a wife pretty soon after
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:25 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:10 pm
He's actually right here with me now

In a pine box, on my desk, with his watch, to remind me : time flies

:bites lip:
My sister got his last watch, she has always cared more for possessions than me. I've got his army machete and his tie made in the Marshall tartan.
I think I understood him much better than she ever did though. She still criticises him for retiring early and running down his capital. I think good on him, he earned it let him spend it how he wants. I'm happy to have a modest little house in a part of France crammed full of castles but she would have prefered some mansion near a Medditeranean beach.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:29 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:16 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:14 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:

Pretty shallow really.
I never treated any of them wrong,

I treated every single one as a young lady, with respect

Ladies choice, her call

So fucking romantic, I regret nothing
Oh, I don't regret it. Never regret, it's a pointless way to proceed. I just grew out of it but dad never did. He was still chasing the ex-pat widows and divorcees right up to the end.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:30 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:25 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:10 pm
He's actually right here with me now

In a pine box, on my desk, with his watch, to remind me : time flies

:bites lip:
My sister got his last watch, she has always cared more for possessions than me. I've got his army machete and his tie made in the Marshall tartan.
I think I understood him much better than she ever did though. She still criticises him for retiring early and running down his capital. I think good on him, he earned it let him spend it how he wants. I'm happy to have a modest little house in a part of France crammed full of castles but she would have prefered some mansion near a Medditeranean beach.
I shepparded him all the way, at the ICU I was there looking in his eyes when he departed

I ran the whole op from there, hospital to funeral to the ovens

Then I brought his ashes home, and here they sit

In terms of possessions, he left me a generous inheritance

he knew he would and he was proud and happy for it

He said take it with all my love and make a great life with that wife of yours, she's amazing
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:41 pm

Even tho he fell in love with Canada, he was a great American

He lived for his boys, and he never abandoned the Declaration of Independence preamble

He loved America, same as me, he is the one who taught me all about Her.

He made his life here, but he never stopped missing California

Thus why this song is for him

He played it all the time, I grew up with it ringing in my ears, so I played it as his last waltz

Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:12 pm

Dad died alone, we don't even know when. It could have been 2 weeks before he was found.
I had to go to the house to clear up while my sister stayed at a neighbour's.
He had fallen in the bathroom and there was claret on the floor. The dog had driven itself crazy trying to break into the cupboard to get food. Luckily it had found some pouches of cat food but I don't know where it got any water from.
The cat was fine, it turned up once there were a few people in the house again. The neighbour took the cat, Horatio, and the mayor found a home for the dog.
I never got a chance to say goodbye but I never had to watch him get ill and die. I honestly don't know which would have been worse. My last visit to him was a happy affair, we did a few jobs around the house and garden and we went to look at a local castle.
My sister saw him last and moaned that he spent all the time watching the 2008 Olympics. I wish that had been me.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:16 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:12 pm
Dad died alone, we don't even know when. It could have been 2 weeks before he was found.
I had to go to the house to clear up while my sister stayed at a neighbour's.
He had fallen in the bathroom and there was claret on the floor. The dog had driven itself crazy trying to break into the cupboard to get food. Luckily it had found some pouches of cat food but I don't know where it got any water from.
The cat was fine, it turned up once there were a few people in the house again. The neighbour took the cat, Horatio, and the mayor found a home for the dog.
I never got a chance to say goodbye but I never had to watch him get ill and die. I honestly don't know which would have been worse. My last visit to him was a happy affair, we did a few jobs around the house and garden and we went to look at a local castle.
My sister saw him last and moaned that he spent all the time watching the 2008 Olympics. I wish that had been me.
My sincere condolences,

I was lucky, I had a many months to say goodbye, from cancer diagnosis to the last day

He just wanted to make it back to summer, one last time

And he did, we had one last summer together, he didn't die until the fall

Praise the Lord
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:18 pm

Another tight whip from X & Dogg

Nec Aspera Terrent