Smitty-48

Re: William Barr > Charlemenge

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:32 pm

kybkh wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:57 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:33 pm
Can't we just move on?

Is there nothing else to discuss but this fake news?

Who even cares anymore?
Trump has "taken the oxygen out of the room" to an extent, but for a virgin, establishment basher like me, my timeline has never been more exciting. I have been railing against the size of the Federal Government since I learned how stupid people are, and I have never been closer to validating a my life-long cynical opinion of the Fed Govt.

I've been on the sidelines for 4 decades and when I saw an opening I took it with Trump. For me to bail on him now would be to lay prostrate before all those I hate. After Barr has shown his hand, I'll be ready to consider whatever reality is left to be dealt with. Until Barr has decided the fate of mankind, I'm kinda on hold for the rest of the bullshit, because if Trump loses, does it even matter anymore?
You're delusional apparently, Trump is a big government nanny state interventionist New York Yankee.

Trump won the election by stealing the Democrats platform, leaving the Democrats with nothing to run on.

You think MAGA is some sort of Anti-Federalist Anti-Establishment movement?

Then you are the one drinking the Democrat Kool-Aid.

Trump is Reagan 2.0, he's not John Booth

It's still the Party of Lincoln, the Democrats have simply gone too far left, leaving the center wide open.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:44 pm

This has all happened before, this is exactly how the Democrats reacted to MAGA the first time around.

Reagan 1.0 was the Crazy Cowboy who was going to start WWIII !!!

Reagan 1.0 was the Fascist who was in cahoots with Pinochet !!!

Reagan 1.0 was Senile and Incompetent and a Clown !!!

They tried to get an impeachment ginned up against Reagan 1.0 over Iran-Contra but it petered out

Dutch Reagan was the Original Bad Orange Man

And he, like Trump, was neither Anti-Establishment nor Anti-Federalist.
Nec Aspera Terrent

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:56 pm

My father made the same comparison re:Regan. If all I can get from what little effort I actually put in to the election of Trump is the indisputable exposure of the Media and the head of the CIA, I'll chalk it up as a win.

I hear you on Trump being a Yankee and all, but he's the only American running for POTUS from best I can tell.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:59 pm

I still don't think we can know what will come from Barr. If it reaches into the Obama Admin then I expect street violence.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:00 pm

kybkh wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:56 pm
I hear you on Trump being a Yankee and all, but he's the only American running for POTUS from best I can tell.
Running as a liberal. Same as Reagan.

Exposed the media and CIA? As if we didn't know. As if that would make Democrats change their tune.

Who are your trying to convince? Why are you wasting your time when nobody is ever convinced?

It changes nothing, the only change was at the SCOTUS, that's Trump's only win, everything else will be reversed.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:13 pm

I mean, Trump is to the left of Triagulated Bill Clinton at this point, Trump is more like Bill Clinton in his first term.

The idea that Trump is the Great White Hope for conservatism is silly, he's not a conservative at all.

Half the GOP base is liberals now. Liberals fleeing the Democrat Tranny Commies.

We've been here before, this is what happens when the Democrats go loonie left.

Nixon. Reagan. Trump. This goes on a cycle.

When the Democrats come back to being the party of JFK again, they'll be large and in charge again.

Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:25 pm

America is a religion.

Whenever one party or the other abandons the gospel, they put themselves in the wilderness.

In the case of the Democrats, it is when they veer off into godless atheist communism.

That's where we are now.

The GOP has simply taken advantage by invoking MAGA and the Great Silent Majority.

Reagan Democrats 2.0
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:38 pm

Like if these Tranny Commies run Liz Warren, that's just taking the bait.

That's George McGovern in a dress.

MAGA will smash, it's not even about Trump, it's about the Democommies blowing themselves up.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:54 pm

It's like the Democrat New Dealers dropped the ball in Vietnam.

So that let Tricky Dick come back and steal their thunder.

This drove the Democrats to the left because they were forced to appeal to the Hippies.

This blew them up. They got crushed by the Great Silent Majority.

But then Nixon handed them a gift, the Smoking Gun. Mostly because he was on the sauce.

They know they are back in the McGovern trap now with the Bernie Bros.

Hence why they are searching desperately for the Smoking Gun again.

They are so desperate, they are trying to gin anything up into one, grasping at anything which is remotely close.

They just keep throwing shit at the wall hoping something will stick with the help of their media sycophants.
Nec Aspera Terrent

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:15 am

honest question: how often in american history do we see an active AG so openly critical of the FBI and surveillance state?