2020 election

clubgop

Re: 2020 election

Post by clubgop » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:41 pm

Poor Cappy, there goes Biden. What did I say? STA, called it, as well.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 3f3450ccb3

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:12 pm

clubgop wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:41 pm
Poor Cappy, there goes Biden. What did I say? STA, called it, as well.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 3f3450ccb3
You say that, like I want Biden to win, or didn't realize that Creepy Uncle Joe was baked into the cake before I made my prediction.

Anyway, don't see how that is the end of Biden, I mean it could be, but will probably take more than that for Biden to torpedo himself, which like I say, never underestimate the fact that Biden is his own worst enemy.

It's not hard to see that Biden is the gaffe master, and like I said, chances are less than 50% that Biden takes the nomination, it's not like I said Biden was a lock, far from it.

If you want to argue against Strawman Capps, that's not a very interesting conversation.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:26 pm

I find it pretty funny that all the Democrat hopefuls who have any chance at winning, seem to think that the best strategy to win the Democrat Nomination is to do their best AOC impression. I know you are supposed to run to left in the primaries, and then pivot to center in the general, but talk about overdoing it, there is no way to sell the pivot back to center when they are falling over themselves to go that far to the left. In a crowded field where the far-left is split, that pays even less dividends than it otherwise would, and that's saying something.

Clearly the Democrats have made the fatal error of assuming Democrat primary voters want AOC style Democrats, when it just a handful of the most liberal districts in the country that prefer that style of candidate, and this creates a lot of elbow room for the most corporate liberal candidate to consolidate the corporate democrat vote, while the far left in-fights their way to a loss.

If a far-left candidate wins, it won't be because the far-left unified behind them early in the primaries, it will be that corporate democrats jump ship to one of the least far-left far-lefties. The Corporate Democrats are still the kingmakers, despite the field seeming to think that AOC is the kingmaker.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:54 am

1. Biden is done already.

2. The democrats will not nominate an establishment candidate. The establishment's only hope of avoiding a Trump-like upset is to somehow make Harris look like an AOC. But that is unlikely to work.

3. Fucking liberals and boomercons still do not understand how much everything has changed. The old fake spat between neoliberals (conservative versus liberal) no longer convinces anybody. The Americans on the right are sick of cuckservatives. Americans on the left are sick of liberals. The actual split is between Marxism and the real right.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:38 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:54 am
1. Biden is done already.

2. The democrats will not nominate an establishment candidate. The establishment's only hope of avoiding a Trump-like upset is to somehow make Harris look like an AOC. But that is unlikely to work.

3. Fucking liberals and boomercons still do not understand how much everything has changed. The old fake spat between neoliberals (conservative versus liberal) no longer convinces anybody. The Americans on the right are sick of cuckservatives. Americans on the left are sick of liberals. The actual split is between Marxism and the real right.
Vocal Fringe Extremists are not the Silent Majority, no matter how hard the Vocal Fringe Extremists squeeze their buttcheeks together to inflate their importance, and project their views on the Silent Majority.

The Vocal Fringe Extremists might be determined to LARP a virtual civil war, but the Silent Majority are far sicker of their shit than Vocal Fringe Extremists are sick of them. Richard Nixon smashes George McGovern in America, not the other way around.
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:43 am

The establishment are actually the fringe. On both sides.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:44 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:43 am
The establishment are actually the fringe. On both sides.
No they aren't, a laughable statement.

You're "Mission Accomplished" banner is not fooling anyone in the know, no matter how much Fringe Extremist Realignment Pixie Dust you try to sprinkle on it.

Wishful Thinking is a helluva drug.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:53 am

If the Democrats are dumb enough to choose another McGovern, which is a distinct possibility if Biden torpedoes himself, which I'd peg at about a 60% chance of happening, then McGovern 2.0 will simply get smashed by Richard Nixon 2.0

Sanders smashed. Harris smashed. O'Rourke smashed.

Tulsi Gabbard ain't winning over the AOC crowd, the Bernie Sanders crowd, or the Barack Obama crowd. Neither is Andrew Yang, and even if the either one of them did somehow win the nomination, smashed.

Trump isn't Usain Bolt, but come 2020, he doesn't have to be. Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan or George W Bush will suffice, especially in the McGovern scenario.
*yip*

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:36 am

StCapps wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:53 am
If the Democrats are dumb enough to choose another McGovern, which is a distinct possibility if Biden torpedoes himself, which I'd peg at about a 60% chance of happening, then McGovern 2.0 will simply get smashed by Richard Nixon 2.0

Sanders smashed. Harris smashed. O'Rourke smashed.

Tulsi Gabbard ain't winning over the AOC crowd, the Bernie Sanders crowd, or the Barack Obama crowd. Neither is Andrew Yang, and even if the either one of them did somehow win the nomination, smashed.

Trump isn't Usain Bolt, but come 2020, he doesn't have to be. Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan or George W Bush will suffice, especially in the McGovern scenario.
Harris and Beto are going to be presented as centrist. The fawning over Beto is already happening. Dirty dick is wet again, believe me.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:46 am

I was at a wedding last night, met this broad from Phlly.

Mother of three, no college, but affluent. Stay at home soccer mom, husband works in the oil industry.

Was a lifelong Democrat, is even a Gun Grabber.

And yet she is a yuge Trump supporter.

Ferocious Trump supporter, with nothing but venom for the Millenial Beto Bros.

My wife was giving her the dagger eyes, but whatevs, it was good times.

On the way home I says to the wife "at least we got to sit with some fun people at the dinner"

"I didn't think she was fun" say the wife. lol.
Nec Aspera Terrent