What To Do About Unions?

Martin Hash

Re: What To Do About Unions?

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:18 pm

I was in a union for 3 years; IBEW 1240 (Linemen though I was a gopher.) It went on strike the day I was supposed to start, for a couple weeks. I got a raise.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:01 pm

Do they make you march around in a circle at sone street corner with a sign, or are those volunteers?

Because that's not my thing. If the high school administers thought I was a ninja by how I could escape campus lockdown, they hadn't seen what I am really capable of until somebody orders me to walk around with a sign where people who know me can see me doing it.

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:44 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:18 pm
I was in a union for 3 years; IBEW 1240 (Linemen though I was a gopher.) It went on strike the day I was supposed to start, for a couple weeks. I got a raise.
I was IBEW too, in a lighting factory in Berkeley, before the waterfront gentrified. That was no workers paradise, trust me. I made like a buck over minimum wage, alongside Mexicans, Vietnamese boat people, Vietnam vets and random white losers like me. My co-worker, who claimed to have been a SEAL, liked to address the Vietnamese by "hey you, Hu Flung Dung".
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND