The Conservative wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:31 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:30 am
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:27 am
http://www.tampabay.com/things-to-do/fo ... _166193900

That shit is really bad news. Avoid.
Show me the links to the info she quoted.
You first. Show me the links to where Massachusetts prohibits the use of corn and soy feed, as well as antibiotics, in farmed fish. You made that claim without a shred of evidence. I presented to you several articles to the contrary.

You asked "when does opinion become fact". That's exactly what you should ask yourself. I posted the facts about the problems with aquafarming in America, backed by sources. You posted nothing. You responded with accusing the person contradicting you of facts about fish farming of hating women, like a fucking SJW.

Post your evidence about aquafarming.

The Conservative

Re: Europe, Boring Until it's Not

Post by The Conservative » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:40 am

I didn’t say prohibit, I said have strong rules on how fish farms are handled. You really need a comprehension lesson.

Also, might want to read this:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 0916300504
#NotOneRedCent

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:46 am

Nothing quite like a statist vs. statist slap-fight.

I need an illegal cigar for this kind of show.

:goteam: :drunk:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:47 am

The Conservative wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:40 am
I didn’t say prohibit, I said have strong rules on how fish farms are handled. You really need a comprehension lesson.

Also, might want to read this:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 0916300504

Did you read it??
Protein ingredients used in the FMF diet included mixed nut meal, poultry meal, wheat flour, and corn protein concentrate; while the FM diet contained menhaden meal, poultry meal, soy protein concentrate, and blood meal proteins.

That is the fucking problem! That is why farmed fish is literally dangerous to your health! Neither of those diets results in healthy food.

Here is why:

Farmed salmon also pose a more direct toxic threat to your health. Fish has always been considered a health food, but food testing reveals that today’s farmed salmon is one of the most toxic foods in the world. As noted by the producers of the film, “through intensive farming and global pollution, the flesh of the fish we eat has turned into a deadly chemical cocktail.”1

In a global assessment of farmed salmon published in the January 2004 issue of Science,2 13 persistent organic pollutants were found. Farmed salmon also does not have the nutritional profile of wild salmon. Rather than being a wonderful source of much-needed omega-3 fats, farmed salmon contains far more omega-6 than omega-3, which can have deleterious health ramifications, seeing how most people are deficient in omega-3 while getting far more omega-6 than they need.
https://articles.mercola.com/sites/arti ... toxic.aspx

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:54 am

What Makes the Fish Feed so Toxic?
One of the main ingredients in farmed salmon feed is fatty fish such as eel, selected for their high protein and fat content. The problem is, many toxins readily bind to fat, and the fish feed industry is using fish deemed unfit for human consumption due to elevated toxicity. As you might expect, when the fish used in fish feed contain toxic levels of pollutants, they get incorporated into the feed pellets.

One significant source of fish for farmed salmon feed is the Baltic Sea, which is well-known for its elevated pollution levels. Nine industrialized countries dump their toxic waste into this closed body of water, which has rendered many Baltic Sea fish inedible. In Sweden, fish mongers are actually required to warn patrons about the potential toxicity of Baltic fish.
Some of the toxicity also stems from the manufacturing process of the feed pellets. The fatty fish are first cooked, resulting in protein meal and oil. While the oil has high levels of dioxins and PCBs, a chemical called ethoxyquin is added to the protein powder as an "antioxidant," which further adds to the toxicity of the final product. Ethoxyquin, developed as a pesticide by Monsanto in the 1950s, is one of the best kept secrets of the fish food industry — and one of the most toxic.

The use of ethoxyquin is strictly regulated on fruits, vegetables and in meat, but not in fish, because it was never intended for such use. Fish feed manufacturers never informed health authorities they were using this pesticide as a means to prevent the fats from oxidizing and going rancid, so its presence in farmed fish was never addressed. Disturbingly, testing reveals farmed fish can contain levels of ethoxyquin that are up to 20 times higher than the level allowed in fruits, vegetables and meats.
https://articles.mercola.com/sites/arti ... dants.aspx

You are what you eat means you also are what your food eats..

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:55 am

Fife wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:46 am

:cheers

Little too early to start drinking, but it's fun viewing anyway. I've got 10 MHF Bucks, who do you like in this contest.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:58 am

Studies have consistently found levels of PCBs, dioxins, toxaphene and dieldrin, as well as mercury, to be higher in farm-raised fish than wild fish. Further, farm-raised fish, like factory-farmed meat, is pumped full of antibiotics, hormones and even chemicals to change their color (such as to make salmon appear pink).

Sadly, contamination of our oceans and waterways is so great that toxic pollutants have been found in wild fish as well, and this is why I don’t advise eating any fish, whether farm-raised or wild-caught, unless you can verify its purity.
https://articles.mercola.com/sites/arti ... -fish.aspx

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:17 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:55 am
Fife wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:46 am

:cheers

Little too early to start drinking, but it's fun viewing anyway. I've got 10 MHF Bucks, who do you like in this contest.
I think it may have already fizzled out. StA went Full-Jungle right off the bat (http://mentalfloss.com/article/500504/1 ... irs-jungle), so what is left in reserve? Poor TC has already run through his Taxachusetts routine as well.

Unless Montez or Flounder picks a side and shoots off a bottle-rocket, I don't know what kind of ammo is left in any of the magazines.

I'm going fishing.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:27 am

I side with the scallops.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:35 am

Fife literally opposes regulations to keep poison out of your food.

Think about that.

These people need to be driven out. We cannot win general elections with people like that.

Who wants more poisoned food? Anyone?

Yeah. Libertarianism is a dead end, guys. Regulations are not necessarily a bad thing.

Don't let these apex liberals snow you into thinking regulations are a progressive issue. It's total bullshit.