The Intellectual Dark Web

clubgop

Re: The Intellectual Dark Web

Post by clubgop » Sun May 27, 2018 6:31 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 5:32 pm
I'm not so worried about the name...

But I've already found some interesting new material.

For the most part I would say some of the more interesting commenters on the current state of affairs are here.
Thanks. ;)

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sun May 27, 2018 8:06 pm

STA this is for you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn60-8Ql_44

:clap:

BTW the new background/website skin is awful. :violin:
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Mon May 28, 2018 2:00 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 5:01 pm
Two important points: conservatives and progressives are essentially part of the same thing (Enlightenment). Conservatives are like the shadow of progressivism and their primary role seems to be to subvert and block any attempt at undoing the damage of progressivism.

Democracy leads to expanding government and eventually to tyranny.

Progressivism is essentially a religion, stemming from the Protestant Reformation. The Marxists we see today are basically the intellectual descendants of the Puritans.

Leave it to a liberal to choose not to convey that information.

My problem with concocting some ridiculous title of "Dark Web Intellectuals" for what basically are the last bastion of liberals trying to save the Enlightenment from itself without ever acknowledging the actual problem should be obvious. I think it's quite farcical. These are exactly the kinds of people who will scream that actually discussing the problem is off-limits. You have to discuss the problem within the guidelines setdown by the Enlightenment program, which means you can't think outside of that box. That means these "intellectuals" are just rehashing the same song and dance we have heard for about 300 years which now leads us to the end of our civilization.
Outside of that box we have:
Trial by combat

Kneeling down to divine authority...

I like the box. It's awesome. i would rather not take my politics from the Crips or the Yakuza thanks.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 29, 2018 8:33 am

Haumana wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 10:26 pm
Calculus Man wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 6:12 pm
Dan Carlin is the Icarus of the New Media.
+1 :clap:
Woo Hoo :dance:

You're on Target Calculus Man !
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue May 29, 2018 9:43 am

“Dark” was a term used by the anti-Trump campaign that Scott Adams suspects was created by Super-Persuader Robert Cialdini, whom Scott calls “Godzilla” because he is the master. Scott also believes Cialdini is behind the new “Trump is corrupt” campaign.

p.s. Hey, I’m part of the Intellectual Dark Web too! (Or do you have to be famous?)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue May 29, 2018 12:03 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:43 am
p.s. Hey, I’m part of the Intellectual Dark Web too! (Or do you have to be famous?)
The entry qualifications for the club are obscure.
But hey, if Dan Carlin made it...
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue May 29, 2018 12:09 pm

Most “qualifications,” I’ve found, involve fame. Unless you’re famous, even if you’ve written 6 books, made dozens of videos, recorded 600 podcasts, and ran for public office multiple times, you’re nobody.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue May 29, 2018 12:14 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:09 pm
Most “qualifications,” I’ve found, involve fame. Unless you’re famous, even if you’ve written 6 books, made dozens of videos, recorded 600 podcasts, and ran for public office multiple times, you’re nobody.
How do you live with yourself?
Keep chasing the end of that rainbow Marty...

;)
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue May 29, 2018 12:14 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 2:00 am
Outside of that box we have:
Trial by combat

Kneeling down to divine authority...

I like the box. It's awesome. i would rather not take my politics from the Crips or the Yakuza thanks.
I don't think anyone is going to dispute your affinity for the box.

If anyone else is interested in how some of the "non-boxed" ways of doing things have developed over the ages, here's a fun book I read earlier this year from Peter Leeson: https://www.amazon.com/WTF-Economic-Pet ... 071LF3ZKF/
From one exhibit to the next, you'll overhear Leeson's riotous exchanges with the patrons and learn how to use economic thinking to reveal the hidden sense behind seemingly senseless human behavior—including your own. Leeson shows that far from "irrational" or "accidents of history," humanity's most outlandish rituals are ingenious solutions to pressing problems—developed by clever people, driven by incentives, and tailor-made for their time and place.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue May 29, 2018 12:17 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:43 am
“Dark” was a term used by the anti-Trump campaign that Scott Adams suspects was created by Super-Persuader Robert Cialdini, whom Scott calls “Godzilla” because he is the master. Scott also believes Cialdini is behind the new “Trump is corrupt” campaign.

You are more a part of the Intellectual Dark Web than Carlin. When the heat rose, you stood up, others couldn't handle it.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience