Investing Thread (Stocks, Crypto, Real Estate, Whatever)

The Conservative

Re: Investing Thread (Stocks, Crypto, Real Estate, Whatever)

Post by The Conservative » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:17 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:07 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:43 pm
DBTrek wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:59 am
Yes, if it wasn't clear "state" meant our individual states, not "the state".

Congress actually has monetary powers, including:

And the US Mint does make coinage.
And the US Treasury Department of Engraving does print bills.
But the Fed regulates money supply through buying US Treasury securities and some other open market operations.

The shit is complex.

Point being - Fed Coin probably won't be deemed unConstitutional, especially if politicians and their business allies really want it.
I guess I have an issue with coinage that has no real value behind it.
Don’t look now, but…
Oh, I know the irony of the statement, but again, I never was ok with how things are now either. I personally think we should be reducing our debt and paying it off instead of inflating it for the sake of "feeling good"...

Here is the problem, if they really wanted to help, give US citizens 50k, and then use the rest of the trillions we were meant to use for other purposes to pay off our debt, or pass a fucking clean bill. I don't know, seems to me giving us trinkets and calling it support is assinine. It only placates those that are dumb enough to assume the gravy train will never end.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:59 pm

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:04 am

House Budget Chair Yarmuth: $3.5 Trillion in Spending ‘Is Pretty Inconsequential’ – ‘Government Can Afford Anything’

On Thursday’s broadcast of CNN’s “OutFront,” House Budget Committee Chairman John Yarmuth (D-KY) said that $3.5 trillion in spending under the reconciliation bill “is pretty inconsequential when you consider all the benefits to the American people,” and “The federal government can afford anything that it feels it needs to do.” ...

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/09 ... -anything/
See ... this is BAD economics. If what this man said was true, the Federal Government could simply provide beach mansions and Corvettes for every American, with nothing demanded in return. Afterall, the Federal Government can afford ANYTHING. So ... why are we working? Why is anyone working? Just provide it, feds.

And that's where dumbass leftist also come in. Because they believe this outlandish idea.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:32 am

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:04 am
And that's where dumbass leftist also come in. Because they believe this outlandish idea.
Why would they not believe it? That's what it looks like. Money comes from inheritance & luck. The economy crashing only affects the Middle Class and how large is that group anymore? And the economy hasn't crashed in anyone's lifetime: 1978? 1987? 2008? Really?

The real problem will be when consumption exceeds production but the Lockdowns proved we have way, way more production capacity than we need. Something really big, like the energy blackouts they're having in China, could slow things down, but there's no immediate evidence of that even. So what if a hipster can't get 12 varieties of avocados?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:39 am

“It’s $3.4 trillion over 10 years. We’re going to spend twice as much during that time on defense. If you take the entire — add up all of the things that we’re proposing to do, it would be essentially about 5% more than we will spend otherwise. We’re going to spend $61 trillion over the next 10 years. So, to add another $3.4 or [$3.5] trillion to it, is very — I think is pretty inconsequential when you consider all the benefits to the American people, and these are benefits that will last for decades.”

"The bank's taking this motherfucker back anyway when the time comes, and you're asking me if I want the heated steering wheel?

Fuckin aye, what the fuck's wrong with you man? Gibs all the shit you got!"

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:56 am

Fife wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:39 am
“It’s $3.4 trillion over 10 years. We’re going to spend twice as much during that time on defense. If you take the entire — add up all of the things that we’re proposing to do, it would be essentially about 5% more than we will spend otherwise. We’re going to spend $61 trillion over the next 10 years. So, to add another $3.4 or [$3.5] trillion to it, is very — I think is pretty inconsequential when you consider all the benefits to the American people, and these are benefits that will last for decades.”

"The bank's taking this motherfucker back anyway when the time comes, and you're asking me if I want the heated steering wheel?

Fuckin aye, what the fuck's wrong with you man? Gibs all the shit you got!"
Relax my man - Uncle Joe's got your back - he's going to gift you a shiny new digital car before the bank's goon come for your knee caps.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:06 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:32 am
DBTrek wrote:
Why would they not believe it?
My short answer would be: Government does not produce anything. Everything they "give" they must take from other citizens. Therefore, if citizens aren't producing anything, there's no way for the government to give anything to you.
;)

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:16 am

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:06 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:32 am
DBTrek wrote:
Why would they not believe it?
My short answer would be: Government does not produce anything. Everything they "give" they must take from other citizens. Therefore, if citizens aren't producing anything, there's no way for the government to give anything to you.
;)
Where’s the evidence of that?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:17 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:16 am
Where’s the evidence of that?
Third world, impoverished governments.
If a government can simply provide "whatever is needed" for the people - why is Africa so poor?
They have governments.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:30 am

Evidence incoming:

Government's capacity to produce so much as a popcorn fart < ZERO

https://mises.org/library/government-pr ... thing-ever
1. There is no such thing as public investment, only public consumption. This conclusion follows immediately once we clearly recognize:

a. the distinctive character of government's economic position within a division-of-labor economic system, and

b. the very nature of the principles of organization and management according to which the government carries out all of its operations.

2. Since private investment is the only source of capital accumulation and economic progress, excessive taxation reduces capital and damages the economy.
I would just take out the modifier "excessive."
Last edited by Fife on Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.