Why Isn’t The Right on the Boards of Media Corps?

Smitty-48

Re: Why Isn’t The Right on the Boards of Media Corps?

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:12 am

clubgop wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:14 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:01 pm
StCapps wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:59 am
If it wasn't for people putting too much faith in the federal government, the sky would fall! Herpa Derp.
Soft as warm baby shit Millennials think that this is hard times : no perspective.
See, if he really is 40, he is on the bleeding edge of being a millennial but he could also be Gen X. But his attitude and postings put him solidly in the bubble bitch millenial section. I think what child are you is a determing factor. Like Eldest, youngest, only child.
A Millennial is someone who came of age at the Millennium, leaving high school, entering college.

That was twenty years ago, those twenty year olds are now turning forty.

The Millennial's are just getting old, they are over already, we're on to Gen Z now

If you go around using "Boomer" as an epithet and blaming the "Boomers" for everything, that's a Millennial.

As a Gen Xer, when he calls me a Boomer, he means it to be an insult, but for Gen X that's a badge of honor.

I have nothing against the Boomers, just because I grew up in their shadow, I thought they were cool.

Thinking that we are hard done by now, and that the Boomers are somehow at fault, is what defines Millennial's.

Gen X never expected to be alive now, we thought there was going to be a nuclear war, so we're happy go lucky.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:44 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:12 am

A Millennial is someone who came of age at the Millennium, leaving high school, entering college.

If you left high school at 20 you're not a millennial, you're a retard.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:27 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:44 am
Smitty-48 wrote:

Millennials cascaded across the turn of the century and into the Noughts.

Leaving high school, entering college, leaving college.

Generation X had come of age already, back in the 80's and 90's

I left school when I was 16, to go to the Trace in Europe.

No sense getting a college degree if we were all going to die in a thermonuclear firestorm.

When I left high school, Grumpy was six years old, my Millennial step brothers hadn't even been born yet.

I'm not a Boomer tho, my mother is a Boomer, Marty Hash is a Boomer, Gen X is the lost generation between.

What really defines us, is that we were on our own from an early age, free rein.

We weren't helicopter parented, our parents left us to our own devices.

I saw my Millennial stepbrothers getting helicopter parented

I tried to warn them that all was not as it seemed, that they were being sold a fake bill of goods.

They rejected that, insisted that they were going to be superstars or whatever.

When they came of age, they found out that I was right, but it was too late then,

Because they were relying on them being right and me being wrong, that's why Millennials are bitter.

Gen X is not bitter, because we knew the Boomers were not really running things, we didn't expect to be saved.

We knew we had to figure things out for ourselves, back when the Millennial's were still in diapers

I was already a grown assed man for all intents and purposes, when Grumpy was in grade one.

We had to grow up fast, be resilient, self reliant, independent, because we were giving no other option.

My wife is the same, a bit younger than me, but still a Gen X, so we hit it off right away, same worldview.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:07 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:27 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:44 am
Smitty-48 wrote:

Millennials cascaded across the turn of the century and into the Noughts.

Leaving high school, entering college, leaving college.

Generation X had come of age already, back in the 80's and 90's

I left school when I was 16, to go to the Trace in Europe.

No sense getting a college degree if we were all going to die in a thermonuclear firestorm.

When I left high school, Grumpy was six years old, my Millennial step brothers hadn't even been born yet.

I'm not a Boomer tho, my mother is a Boomer, Marty Hash is a Boomer, Gen X is the lost generation between.

What really defines us, is that we were on our own from an early age, free rein.

We weren't helicopter parented, our parents left us to our own devices.

I saw my Millennial stepbrothers getting helicopter parented

I tried to warn them that all was not as it seemed, that they were being sold a fake bill of goods.

They rejected that, insisted that they were going to be superstars or whatever.

When they came of age, they found out that I was right, but it was too late then,

Because they were relying on them being right and me being wrong, that's why Millennials are bitter.

Gen X is not bitter, because we knew the Boomers were not really running things, we didn't expect to be saved.

We knew we had to figure things out for ourselves, back when the Millennial's were still in diapers

I was already a grown assed man for all intents and purposes, when Grumpy was in grade one.

We had to grow up fast, be resilient, self reliant, independent, because we were giving no other option.

My wife is the same, a bit younger than me, but still a Gen X, so we hit it off right away, same worldview.
Same viewpoint, same generation as I. There is plenty of overlap. Being 10 years apart can still be in the same generation. Generations span 20-25 years. it seems my birth order theory has some merit. You were your parents first child right? Then came your millenial step siblings.
Last edited by clubgop on Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:49 pm

clubgop wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:07 pm
You were your parents first child right? Then came your millenial step siblings.
Yeah, I was 20 when my first stepbrother was born.

He is distinct from me, I was raised with free rein in the seventies, he was helicopter parented in the nineties.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:02 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:49 pm
clubgop wrote:
You were your parents first child right? Then came your millenial step siblings.

He is distinct from me, I was raised with free rein in the seventies, he was helicopter parented in the nineties.
See I was born in 80. Eighties and nineties was my bag. I was not helicopter parented but I certainly didn't have free reign. If I wanted to go somewhere or do something my mom wanted intel on who I would be hanging out with, contact info, and a way for ingress and egress. It was like a sitrep or OPORD. I so want my kid to be free reign but the other parents make that impossible.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:24 pm

clubgop wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:02 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:49 pm
clubgop wrote:

See I was born in 80. Eighties and nineties was my bag. I was not helicopter parented but I certainly didn't have free reign. If I wanted to go somewhere or do something my mom wanted intel on who I would be hanging out with, contact info, and a way for ingress and egress. It was like a sitrep or OPORD. I so want my kid to be free reign but the other parents make that impossible.
I probably had more free rein than was even the norm for my era.

Both parents were Hippie Beatniks to start off with, then they got divorced.

So I was a Beatnik Latchkey Kid, probably ultimate free rein.

I really didn't follow any rules at all, I barely even went to school.

The only authority I ever had respect for was the military.

I looked up to them, so I was willing to submit to their discipline

It was the only meritocracy, and the only place where men led from the front.

It was also full of eccentrics, romantics, and adventurers, at least it was back in those days.

On the brink of thermonuclear war, I didn't want to just sit and wait for it, I wanted to be at the sharp end.
Nec Aspera Terrent