Moving away from Catholicism

Ex-California

Moving away from Catholicism

Post by Ex-California » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:45 am

My wife and I grew up Catholic, and have been going to Mass semi-regularly with the kids the whole time we've been a family. Since I work Sundays, I even go on my lunch break during the offseason. However, we just don't see the community/fun aspect that our friends who go to the local Protestant churches have. I feel like I'll be able to get more out of faith by going to one of these churches, better music, better community, more "active," etc.

I don't really have a question, just looking for you guys' experience one way or the other
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

TheReal_ND

Re: Moving away from Catholicism

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:14 am

Have you tried sspx or fssp?

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:51 am

What is that?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:55 am

California wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:51 am
What is that?
Real masses.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:31 am

Like the Latin, Mel Gibson, pre-Vatican II stuff?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:33 am

California wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:31 am
Like the Latin, Mel Gibson, pre-Vatican II stuff?
Yes. A.K.A.: real Catholicism.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:54 am

California wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:45 am
My wife and I grew up Catholic, and have been going to Mass semi-regularly with the kids the whole time we've been a family. Since I work Sundays, I even go on my lunch break during the offseason. However, we just don't see the community/fun aspect that our friends who go to the local Protestant churches have. I feel like I'll be able to get more out of faith by going to one of these churches, better music, better community, more "active," etc.

I don't really have a question, just looking for you guys' experience one way or the other
I actually quit going to Catholic mass regularly when they started putting in all the singing and entertainment shit. IMO, no place for it. I've gotten way more out of a simple 30 min traditional service with a focus on a 10 min sermon. Priests need to quit fucking around with all the different stuff, focus on delivering a meaningful message to their congregation. That's why they are they.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:10 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:54 am
California wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:45 am

I actually quit going to Catholic mass regularly when they started putting in all the singing and entertainment shit. IMO, no place for it. I've gotten way more out of a simple 30 min traditional service with a focus on a 10 min sermon. Priests need to quit fucking around with all the different stuff, focus on delivering a meaningful message to their congregation. That's why they are they.
Honestly, I don't see how the Catholic Church is going to survive white genocide without a miracle. Nobody is going to forgive or forget, even the brown colonizers. The Hispanics will remember they were perfectly willing to genocide people (a second time) for power.

The homosexual abuse scandals don't come close to the problems they are creating right now with the open borders nonsense and the Marxism.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:38 pm

I osculate between Catholic and Gnostic. For lack of a better dichotomy and label. I'm a spiritual being. I am closer to the hippie than the prison guard. I believe in God's will and good works. I think there is many many things that will remain a mystery and mystical. I think the Church has become rotten like the overall "society". I don't know what to do really. Other than make my own chapel and pray.
The good, the true, & the beautiful