Plutarch on animal ethics

Smitty-48

Re: Plutarch on animal ethics

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:59 pm

One of the scariest ones for me was one of my troops going into anaphylactic shock.

I thought I was going to have to do the tracheotomy.

Thank fuck the medic showed up.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:03 pm

In that hydrazine leak, I was the last point of failure. If I had not noticed the faint smell of ammonia, the hanger would be locked up tight for the weekend, and the weapons troops who would have gone back in there Sunday night or very early Monday morning would have died. Most I got was a thank fuck you caught that.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:06 pm

Hydrazine is scary shit.

Basically nerve agent.
Nec Aspera Terrent

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:08 pm

To conclude that animals that evolved on a continuum with humans, share their causal structures and analogous behavior operate by some other category of experience that can’t even be defined goes against Occam’s razor, in other words, it’s a superfluous explanation.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:31 pm

JohnDonne wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:08 pm
To conclude that animals that evolved on a continuum with humans, share their causal structures and analogous behavior operate by some other category of experience that can’t even be defined goes against Occam’s razor, in other words, it’s a superfluous explanation.
Anthropomorphizing animals doesn't make their lives as valuable as humans, without a doubt.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:33 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:06 pm
Hydrazine is scary shit.

Basically nerve agent.
Honestly, that might be what fucked me up and cause all the neurological damage.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:34 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:33 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:06 pm
Hydrazine is scary shit.

Basically nerve agent.
Honestly, that might be what fucked me up and cause all the neurological damage.
Honestly, it's slow acting nerve agent, any exposure to nerve agent can be insidious.
Nec Aspera Terrent

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:39 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:31 pm
JohnDonne wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:08 pm
Anthropomorphizing animals doesn't make their lives as valuable as humans, without a doubt.
Ignored my points, as Smitty would say, ultimate sign o’ weakness.

You ignore biology, anatomy, evolution, behavior, common sense, in order to fetishize human flesh as magic, so that you can continue a holocaust for your bacon, but it doesn’t change reality, without a doubt.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:48 pm

JohnDonne wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:39 pm
Ignored my points, as Smitty would say, ultimate sign o’ weakness.

You ignore biology, anatomy, evolution, behavior, common sense, in order to fetishize human flesh as magic, so that you can continue a holocaust for your bacon, but it doesn’t change reality, without a doubt.
I directly addressed your point. I don't consider you an expert in biology, anatomy, evolution, behavior or common sense, in fact just the opposite. Your ignorance causes you to interpret that list of things to somehow support your position, when that is simply not the case.
*yip*

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:09 am

I’m not an expert, nor claim to be one, but I do read what experts say, look at their studies. Since you believe in experts, why don’t you ask them?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psycho ... leep%3famp
Indeed, the recent Cambridge Declaration on Consciousness signed by 16 well-known scientists, some of whom do or have done invasive research, concluded:

"Convergent evidence indicates that non-human animals have the neuroanatomical, neurochemical, and neurophysiological substrates of conscious states along with the capacity to exhibit intentional behaviors. Consequently, the weight of evidence indicates that humans are not unique in possessing the neurological substrates that generate consciousness. Non-human animals, including all mammals and birds, and many other creatures, including octopuses, also possess these neurological substrates."