Plutarch on animal ethics

JohnDonne

Re: Plutarch on animal ethics

Post by JohnDonne » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:39 am

This is getting reductionistic and trivial. You rebelled because they were rebels. My rebellion is against society, my parents did not agree with my rebellion either, neither does society yet.

But that's simply because I'm a prototype of the new chimp, the old one's teeth have gone nasty and it's creating a foul smell. Evolution and adaption says they're becoming obsolete. It's early stages though.

We'll raise a wax museum piece of you, gun and guts in hands, and say, "That's how they used to live."

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:45 am

I didn't rebel, because my parents were so bourgeois intellectual they didn't put any constraints on me, however this is what I think made me doubt their judgement, so in essence I went in search of more responsible archetypes as I saw them, based on the threat I perceived, which at the time was probably thermonuclear war.

In terms of evolution, obviously you are not evolved beyond me, you've simply been indoctrinated to be a beta male basically.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:52 am

Basically my parents were pacifist leftists, and I didn't think that was an effective way to prevent a thermonuclear war, so I latched onto surrogates for the purposes of manning the Inner German Border to prevent the Soviets from reaching the Rhine in seven days, thus averting the doomsday.

In the process I was deprogrammed back to my natural apex predator state, and then I found that to be exhilarating, then I found out that young females also found it to be exhilarating, which brings us back to kill, eat, fuck.
Nec Aspera Terrent

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:53 am

You contradict yourself.

Defy but didn't rebel.

A half dozen but not six.

Beta male name calling? Tough position for the old model. The obsolete chimpanzees probably didn't like the new-fangled upright ones either. Less strength but more brains. Either you worship bodily strength, in which case you should bow down to your cousin chimps, or you believe in technological strength in which case you are married to civilization, which is married to social and ethical evolution, of which you are now an obsolete model.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:57 am

Not that I endorse the false dichotomy between ethics and strength. Diaz would tear you to shreds in a natural environment.

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:01 am

Back to ethics. True men do not harm innocent, defenseless creatures.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:02 am

Didn't rebel because nobody was imposing on me, I was a Latchkey Kid with free reign and my parents were stoners who didn't pay much attention to what I got up to.

In terms of evolution, I'm would guess that I am your superior in all respects, to include knowledge, experience, education and wealth.

You are likely my inferior in all respects, to include violence of action as necessary.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:03 am

JohnDonne wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:57 am
Not that I endorse the false dichotomy between ethics and strength. Diaz would tear you to shreds in a natural environment.
My strength is ethical, your weakness is what is unethical. You are dead weight, I carry my water.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:06 am

JohnDonne wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:01 am
Back to ethics. True men do not harm innocent, defenseless creatures.
NTS fallacy. Homo Sapiens Sapiens are predators, we predate, prey is prey.
Nec Aspera Terrent

JohnDonne

Post by JohnDonne » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:08 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:03 am
JohnDonne wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:57 am
My strength is ethical, your weakness is what is unethical. You are dead weight, I carry my water.
You use your "strength" to victimize weak innocent animals and according to yourself, other humans? Some kind of serial killer ethical strength?

I carry my water, firefighter and private businessman, you, MIC boondoggle teat sucking geriatric?