Re: NATO's 2% goal

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:20 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:53 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:49 pm
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:40 pm

France hates us more than the Russians anyway.

Where did you get that from?
Clearly nonsense.
My experiences serving with French units.

How many deployments have you been on with the French military?
Dude, I've got a house in France. It is the foreign country I've spent the most time in and visited the most times. French people live in England in large numbers.
Some French people might find your politics unpalatable at times but they are never siding with Russia over America.
Paranoid nonsense.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:23 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:20 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

Clearly nonsense.

Dude, I've got a house in France.
Big deal. I've been to Canada before, but you don't see me bragging about it online. I've been to many different states, even some in different timezones. I'll bet you think you are better than me, even though I took German for 2 semesters and actually spent time in an American style pub.
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:28 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:23 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

Big deal. I've been to Canada before, but you don't see me bragging about it online. I've been to many different states, even some in different timezones. I'll bet you think you are better than me, even though I took German for 2 semesters and actually spent time in an American style pub.
I'm just saying I know the French better than someone who is basing his knowledge on some airmen he met 30 years ago.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:31 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:28 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

I'm just saying I know the French better than someone who is basing his knowledge on some airmen he met 30 years ago.
I own a car from Japan. That's a little more exotic than a house in France.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:39 pm

I eat meat and berries that are flown in from other countries. I once ate some blueberries from Argentina. My phone was actually created in South Korea and is a fancy import as are many of my t-shirts made in Bangladesh...
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:40 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:31 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

Why do you hate America?
You know they make cars in the US too, don't you?
2 of my 3 vehicles are British.
My yacht was British.
My bicycle is British.
Are you some kind of filthy globalist on the sly?

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:47 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:40 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:31 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

Why do you hate America?
You know they make cars in the US too, don't you?
2 of my 3 vehicles are British.
My yacht was British.
My bicycle is British.
Are you some kind of filthy globalist on the sly?
You own a yacht? Let me borrow it. I will return it with a full tank.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:48 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Clearly nonsense.

Dude, I've got a house in France. It is the foreign country I've spent the most time in and visited the most times. French people live in England in large numbers.
Some French people might find your politics unpalatable at times but they are never siding with Russia over America.
Paranoid nonsense.
So the Englishmen who hates America owns a house in France and takes exception with the obvious observation that French generally hate and resent America. Surprise, surprise.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:10 pm

Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:40 pm
I guess my problem with NATO is that, if for some reason Russia decided to go to the brink with the USA, and war was immanent, my impression of Eurofags is that almost none of the continentals would back us up.
More than that, Russia can't reach the Rhine in seven days, the Suwalki Gap is not the Fulda Gap, the most the Russians could do would be to take back the Near Abroad, they're not driving on Paris like it is 1983
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:19 pm

Russia isn't the real threat. China is. We have spent the last 3 years wringing our hands because some twitter troll has a Magnetogorsk ip address, while China has been biding its time and slowly plotting to seriously fuck up our shit. They are slow cooking a dog-meat stew and using our trade secrets and general apathy as a substitute for the veggies, all the while wreaking havoc in the South China sea and cultivating numerous admirers in the West. I'll say it again. China is the problem. MacArthur had it right during the Korean war. We should have sent those chinks back to the Stone Age.
Shikata ga nai