let's talk about "Cosa Nostra"

brewster

Re: let's talk about "Cosa Nostra"

Post by brewster » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:36 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:15 pm
Checkout the urban bigotry on Brad over there.
Call em as they are, same people who never met a Jew and when they do look for the horns. Good folks who didn't consider Italians white anyway.

Interesting comment about the Gotti Dynasty. The Jewish mob was one generation, they didn't want their kids in the rackets, they sent them to college. A portion of the Italians did too, I once worked for a film director whose Bonanno family was one of the 5. He made a documentary about them.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:42 pm

You sound like an antisemite talking about Jews.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:56 pm

brewster wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:36 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:15 pm
Checkout the urban bigotry on Brad over there.
Call em as they are, same people who never met a Jew and when they do look for the horns. Good folks who didn't consider Italians white anyway.

Interesting comment about the Gotti Dynasty. The Jewish mob was one generation, they didn't want their kids in the rackets, they sent them to college. A portion of the Italians did too, I once worked for a film director whose Bonanno family was one of the 5. He made a documentary about them.
The lack of trust in educational institutions was a real problem for first generation Italian-Americans. The repercussions trickled down to my generation. Southern Italians belonged to an honor culture as well, which made it difficult for people to try a different path for their children.

I also think people from other parts of the country don’t realize how much Italian Americans suffered under the Black Hand. They used to kidnap children and firebomb small businesses. It’s hugely offensive for them to imply we’re all connected.
:royalty-queen:

brewster

Post by brewster » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:40 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:56 pm
The lack of trust in educational institutions was a real problem for first generation Italian-Americans. The repercussions trickled down to my generation. Southern Italians belonged to an honor culture as well, which made it difficult for people to try a different path for their children.

I also think people from other parts of the country don’t realize how much Italian Americans suffered under the Black Hand. They used to kidnap children and firebomb small businesses. It’s hugely offensive for them to imply we’re all connected.
It's interesting the dichotomy of cultures when it comes to education. Some people, no matter that they're working class, want their kids to do better, and others are like "what's good enough for me is good enough for you". You don't hear of Korean grocers disappointed their kids didn't want to run the business!

Do you remember where Henry Hill lived with his wife in Goodfellas? That's where I grew up. Lily white Valley Stream. The mob kept the "undesirables" out even though it was on the edge of Queens. Woe to a realtor or family that didn't play. There was a cross burning there in the mid 70's.

My town had been primarily Irish, German and Jewish the 1st postwar generation there, then in the 60's working class Italians from Brooklyn started moving in. And the schools went downhill. A large portion of these folks didn't valued education. That was not a rule, my Yale bound class Salutatorian was Italian, but many of them were thugs. I remember in elementary school a friend of mine was seriously hurt by an Italian kid, and his folks were told they didn't want to mess with that family, that owned a trucking business. Just the way it was.

My favorite yearbook picture I took was of a bunch of these hoods throwing cheetos to seagulls with one of them winding up to peg a gull with a bottle.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:43 pm

Blood Brotherhoods - Organized Crime in Italy (Myth20c - Ep64)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAO7Yx6eEkY
The good, the true, & the beautiful

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:51 pm

Its truish that most if not all ethnicities have a criminal element to them. What is also true is that in a proportionate degree of both influence and real power the Jewish Syndicate which was also Italian had immense power here in the States. I think all civilizations have obviously had a dichotomy going. A surface normie world and the underworld element at the same time. We have been no different. Part of the problem when trying describe and understand the Mafia or more accurately the Syndicate is that its part of the underworld and if you don't have an intimate connection with that world then you really can't grasp how deep their influence goes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlvHqmgOYq8

brewster

Post by brewster » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:24 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:51 pm
Its truish that most if not all ethnicities have a criminal element to them.
Undeniable, but what made the Italians unique was the traditions and rules they brought from the old country about how things were done. It wasn't chaos when things ran properly, unlike say, urban drug gangs constantly at war in Chicago.

Boardwalk Empire was fascinating for it's depiction of the intersection of the old school Irish mob with the newer immigrant Italians & Jews.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:20 am

It's all just a bunch of lies.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:32 am

Hastur wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:20 am

Yep and every people have been raided and fucked by another people.

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:14 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:32 am
Hastur wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:20 am

Yep and every people have been raided and fucked by another people.
The reverse is why you have blonde blue-eyed Jews. And the reason Jewishness is traditionally matrilineal, at least you can be sure who the mother is after the Cossacks come through. Or Mongols, or Crusaders, or whoever...