Retirement planning

heydaralon

Re: Retirement planning

Post by heydaralon » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:35 pm

Start to invest in Timeshare. It is pretty straightforward, and when you are ready to sell your property, its quite easy to find plenty of buyers. If you tell people that you bought a Timeshare, they'll know you are an investment wizard for sure.
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:38 pm

People laugh at the idea of buying a house nowadays but it only takes a little bit of hard work. I bought my first house after high school with the wages I saved up as a dishwasher. I plan on selling it soon for a condo in Boca.

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:31 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:52 am
Owning a rental is a great choice. Aaaaaand the housing market is slowing down. Squirrel those ducats away and if the market takes a shellacking buy a home/condo as a rental when values bottom out and mortgage rates drop or freeze.

When the housing market rebounds you’ll be sitting pretty. If things get worse ... you have two homes to burn through before you’re on the streets. Not a bad position to be in.
Rentals been verra verra good to me. This is my standard spiel: If you buy a rental that just pays its mortgage, bills and repairs, no cashflow, with 25% down on a 15 year note, at the end of that time you've made about 9.6% on your $25k, very good by historic investment standards. Now, that isn't accounting for either rents increasing, appreciation, or even the tax depreciation deduction. If rents and values go up significantly, you're looking at life changing assets. If you buy a multifamily and live in one unit, you may never again have any housing expense. Don't forget, if you live free in a home that would have cost you $2000/month, you're also not paying tax on that "income".

At this point I'm semi-retired, my longtime theater business is fairly slow, and I busy myself managing and maintaining my property. I figure this is the way it'll be for a long time. I worked a half day today laying flooring in a stairwell. Tough on the knees.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:56 pm

brewster wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:31 pm
If you buy a multifamily and live in one unit, you may never again have any housing expense. Don't forget, if you live free in a home that would have cost you $2000/month, you're also not paying tax on that "income".
I regret not having done that. My mom owns her multifamily and it gives her a free place to live as well as income during her retirement and the tax benefit, which subsidizes her property taxes. She sold the commercial properties, which also fund her retirement.
:royalty-queen: