Well I've been fired a lot.

TheReal_ND

Re: Well I've been fired a lot.

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:14 pm

When I was a kid it was always remarked that I got along with people older than me better than my own age. I had high enough scores to go into what was called at the time, GATE. We learned about Russia and China a hell of a lot. I suggest you get yourself into whatever equivalent of that is straight away. These are the kids you need to be there for straight away. Probably, somebody is already beating you to the punch.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:05 pm

Now since I've had a "good" formal observation all I need to do is maintain a good standardized test score average and I'm good to go. Man I wish there were other ways they "evaluated" teachers around here. Im looking forward to my district changing 8th grade Social Studies from Civics & Economics to World Geography. It gets me out of that rats nest of obvious controversies discussion wise.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:21 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:05 pm
Now since I've had a "good" formal observation all I need to do is maintain a good standardized test score average and I'm good to go. Man I wish there were other ways they "evaluated" teachers around here. Im looking forward to my district changing 8th grade Social Studies from Civics & Economics to World Geography. It gets me out of that rats nest of obvious controversies discussion wise.
I think this post probably sums up what’s happening across our educational system right now.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:30 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:21 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
I think this post probably sums up what’s happening across our educational system right now.
Meaning?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:07 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:30 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:
Meaning?
Inappropriate evaluation methods, competent teachers avoiding the "soft sciences" and abandoning the field to lefties.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:23 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:07 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:30 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:

Meaning?
Inappropriate evaluation methods, competent teachers avoiding the "soft sciences" and abandoning the field to lefties.
Its fairly difficult to honestly "evaluate" teachers but I like most I'd think believe they should be (obviously). Its a matter of how and how much. I am certified to teach 6-12 all histories, political science, geography, religion, economics, and personal finance. I personally love World History , cultures, religion, and geography. I dislike politics but spend hours contemplating political theory and philosophy. I would say competent mathematicians, scientist, writers, historians etc. are avoiding public teaching for numerous reasons. It could be a good gig but its often tough for various reasons that don't get media attention. You have to want to actually "teach" and have patience and most people don't have both. You have to actually not dislike teens which often people don't like them except they "love" their own.

I've been thinking about ways to make education better besides simply shutting down all public schools. I think really honestly after about 15 most teens don't need nor should they be paid for (necessarily) an academic education in the conventional past 100 years sense. I think at around 15 kids should be in a combination of testing, evaluating (by former teachers that know them), and their own professed interest sent into either "Academics" or "Vocation" for lack of better terms. But that with Academic and even to some degree Vocational education should be significantly less time spent in the school building. No 8 hour days really. Something more like 4 days for roughly 4-5 hours. Classroom could be way smaller enrollments in both instances without paying teachers more or hiring more. This fundamentally would make the "education" more effective and cut down on misbehavior etc. A long with other numerous improvements or solutions.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:50 pm

Dude, start a podcast. Pick a subject that's not being covered yet, and just teach your 'class' to an adult audience.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace