Well I've been fired a lot.

GloryofGreece

Re: Well I've been fired a lot.

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:24 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:21 pm
Yeah well someone with your personality type is clearly best suited teaching children. You should start giving them a decent education.

Is that a compliment or just a factual statement? haha. If I showed half the shit I listen to i'd have been fired years ago. I'm playing a game and we all play some sort of game.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:27 pm

No I think you are perfectly suited doing what you are doing and a person with a personality and intelligence like yours i have a hard time picturing on a factory floor or out in the field with a drill and a wrench.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:33 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:27 pm
No I think you are perfectly suited doing what you are doing and a person with a personality and intelligence like yours i have a hard time picturing on a factory floor or out in the field with a drill and a wrench.
There are lot of intelligent tradesmen. My uncles all own their own construction businesses. Masonry and Plumbing specifically. I worked for my uncle for two years after high school while I was peter paning it throughout my 20s. It wasn't for me and I didn't easily learn anything on the job site. I was a laborer for my uncle's masonry company. MY cousin went on to be a talented stone mason I went on to be a high school teacher. There were countless moments and days I enjoyed on those jobs. There were days that were cold as hell and I really disliked it. Either way though I overall enjoyed working with my best friend and cousin and being outside. I am not good at it though and liked ideas/abstract concepts too much to be a craftsman/tradesman.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:33 pm

I hope you can stick out education...………….. just for the fact that we need good men like you teaching.

Purely selfish reasoning.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:08 pm

I second that.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:41 pm

Based on your questions on here and content, you seem like you'd be a good teacher, the kind I wish I had in high school, that piques a young mind's interest in all kinds of topics. It would be pretty awesome if you could advance in the school system and become an administrator, and start to have a large influence on your school's policies. If those people have power, I would want it going to someone like you. Maybe from that position you could make some changes for the better in your area's education.
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:43 pm

Should probably tell Dr. Hashpipe to delete this thread btw. Would hate for someone to find out you post here along side someone like me.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:53 pm

Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:07 pm

Great jam btw

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:09 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:41 pm
Based on your questions on here and content, you seem like you'd be a good teacher, the kind I wish I had in high school, that piques a young mind's interest in all kinds of topics. It would be pretty awesome if you could advance in the school system and become an administrator, and start to have a large influence on your school's policies. If those people have power, I would want it going to someone like you. Maybe from that position you could make some changes for the better in your area's education.
Thanks for the support and the rest of you too. It makes me feel better for sure. I really don't want to be an administrator, and yeah its part of the game and its even necessary but it isn't for me. I'm not a good manager. Im not orderly enough. Im good with students and delivering the content in a coherent fashion. I like younger people it makes me feel like im helping people that are not molded yet. Ive never second guessed my profession b/c of the people I teach. Its always been about the policies and "adults".