Manufactured Homes

C-Mag

Re: Manufactured Homes

Post by C-Mag » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:25 pm

Those look pretty good man.
Either of those locations would make for easy cabin building. There are a couple log construction techniques that don't require you to maneuver around 20 foot long logs.

You can go vertical, only need a log that's wall height, 7, 8 or 9 feet.

You can also do short log construction

These make it very feasible for one man to assemble a good cabin of their land with little material costs. If I were to take this on, my preference would be get an Alaskan Sawmill and mill at least 2 sides of the logs to take out all the fitting and most the chinking costs and time.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:02 pm

I know a couple of guys that could really help with that...

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:15 am

This is how the Finns do it. Some serious axe-wielding skills on display.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:54 pm

Hastur wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:15 am

Do Swedes like Finns? I know very little about that country, other than their defeat of a Russian invading force in WW2. Is it a decent place to live?
Shikata ga nai

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:32 pm

Hastur wrote:
Right On!
That's a great channel, I watched several of their videos.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:08 am

heydaralon wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:54 pm
Hastur wrote:

Do Swedes like Finns? I know very little about that country, other than their defeat of a Russian invading force in WW2. Is it a decent place to live?
We generally like the Finns. Finland used to be half of Sweden. It's our brother nation. We never fought each other. When I was growing up there was a lot of dislike towards them because of the immigration. We have an open border policy between each other and a lot of Finlanders came over here to get jobs or use our superior social benefits. That's over now. We are on the same level economically as Finland finally recovered from the wars and it's reparations to the Soviet Union. The Finnish immigrants are fully integrated.

The people of Finland are called Finlanders. Most Finlanders are Finns but about 6% are Swedes and the country is bilingual. A bit like the French in Canada. Finland is mostly forests and lakes. The big towns are along the coast. In some ways, it's like Sweden turned up to 11 but there are a couple of big differences. Finland is a lot more hierarchical and conservative and not as open to outsiders. The strong men are matched by the strength of their women. That's the stereotype at least.

I grew up in the town in Sweden with the largest Finnish immigrant population so I know them well. Also, a lot of my ancestors were Forest Finns. They were brought over to Sweden from Finland during the late 16th and early-to-mid-17th centuries to break new ground and help increase the population of northern Sweden. Finland was getting overpopulated and there were famines due to the Little Ice Age. Sweden had a lot of unpopulated lands suitable for their traditional slash-and-burn agriculture. Hard working, honest and proud people. A good addition. When the Iron industry got going up there a lot of them got into that as well.

Painting by Eero Järnefelt showing forest burning by Forest Finns.

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:52 am

Finns are good goalies also.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:11 am

One of the great Hockey nations.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:27 am

Hastur wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:08 am
heydaralon wrote:
Hastur wrote:

We generally like the Finns. Finland used to be half of Sweden. It's our brother nation. We never fought each other. When I was growing up there was a lot of dislike towards them because of the immigration. We have an open border policy between each other and a lot of Finlanders came over here to get jobs or use our superior social benefits. That's over now. We are on the same level economically as Finland finally recovered from the wars and it's reparations to the Soviet Union. The Finnish immigrants are fully integrated.

The people of Finland are called Finlanders. Most Finlanders are Finns but about 6% are Swedes and the country is bilingual. A bit like the French in Canada. Finland is mostly forests and lakes. The big towns are along the coast. In some ways, it's like Sweden turned up to 11 but there are a couple of big differences. Finland is a lot more hierarchical and conservative and not as open to outsiders. The strong men are matched by the strength of their women. That's the stereotype at least.

I grew up in the town in Sweden with the largest Finnish immigrant population so I know them well. Also, a lot of my ancestors were Forest Finns. They were brought over to Sweden from Finland during the late 16th and early-to-mid-17th centuries to break new ground and help increase the population of northern Sweden. Finland was getting overpopulated and there were famines due to the Little Ice Age. Sweden had a lot of unpopulated lands suitable for their traditional slash-and-burn agriculture. Hard working, honest and proud people. A good addition. When the Iron industry got going up there a lot of them got into that as well.

That is a spectacular painting. The girl's eyes...
Shikata ga nai

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:49 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:27 am
Hastur wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:08 am
heydaralon wrote:

That is a spectacular painting. The girl's eyes...
It’s powerful. The stuff our ancestors went through. How about giving the new batch off immigrants the same opportunity. A patch of forest land and no taxes for 7 years if they farm it. That or go home.