Education stuff

Zero

Education stuff

Post by Zero » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:58 am

I’m in grad school right now working on a degree for educational leadership and am privy to quite a lot of research that I never prioritized reading before.

If anyone is interested I can post some of it for discussion. It might get some of the conversations moving further than they typically do on this topic.

Here are two I’m working with now that touch on some of y’all s observations/criticisms. Let me know if the links don’t work.

This one investigated why there is a discrepancy between structural and cultural change in schools.

This one looks at the relative effectiveness of PLCs in schools in bringing about changes in practice.

Edit: need to review copyright rules...
Hontar: We must work in the world, your eminence. The world is thus.

Altamirano: No, Señor Hontar. Thus have we made the world... thus have I made it.

Penner

Re: Education stuff

Post by Penner » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:06 pm

Zero wrote:I’m in grad school right now working on a degree for educational leadership and am privy to quite a lot of research that I never prioritized reading before.

If anyone is interested I can post some of it for discussion. It might get some of the conversations moving further than they typically do on this topic.

Here are two I’m working with now that touch on some of y’all s observations/criticisms. Let me know if the links don’t work.

This one investigated why there is a discrepancy between structural and cultural change in schools.

This one looks at the relative effectiveness of PLCs in schools in bringing about changes in practice.

Edit: need to review copyright rules...

There are no links in your description.

Zero

Post by Zero » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:49 pm

Yeah, I took them down until I double checked copyright stuff. I try to be sensitive to publishing rights, and since everything I normally do is fair use through the university, I’ve never had to think about it.

Is it a violation of copyright to put something on an open, public server like this? I’m probably making too big a deal of it, but I’d like to know.

Altamirano: No, Señor Hontar. Thus have we made the world... thus have I made it.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:06 pm

Zero wrote:Yeah, I took them down until I double checked copyright stuff. I try to be sensitive to publishing rights, and since everything I normally do is fair use through the university, I’ve never had to think about it.

Is it a violation of copyright to put something on an open, public server like this? I’m probably making too big a deal of it, but I’d like to know.
You could just drop some crumbs for where to find it.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Zero

Post by Zero » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:05 am

Larry Cuban, (2013) "Why so many structural changes in schools and so little reform in teaching practice?", Journal of Educational Administration, Vol. 51 Issue: 2, pp.109-125, https://doi.org/10.1108/09578231311304661

Here’s the citation. I’m going to go through the publisher and see about permissions.