Stock Market Totally Artifical

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Stock Market Totally Artifical

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:56 pm

This isn’t a normal correction. This more like WW2 following WWI. 2007 was The Crash, but it was headed off by Trillions of printed money. Now that money is about to become “real”, exponentially increasing the money supply and prices.

That will also enter a feedback loop, as imported goods will increase in price, crushing profits.

Good news: you’ll get a massive raise.
Bad news: it won’t buy shit.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:01 pm

StCapps wrote:A correction is coming sure, but will it be as bad as the SIFCLFs think it will be? Not even close, so simmer down, the sky isn't about to fall.
Did we just fucking agree on something?! (I can't believe it.)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:05 pm

Now that I've been thinking about it, The Collapse can be indefinitely postponed by printing money, BUT back to the OP, The 1% is getting all the new money.

Here's some things that would even the scale somewhat:
Student Loan debt: Fed buys it then forgives it
CC debt: Fed buys it then forgives it
Pensions: Already insured by the Federal Pension Guarantee Corp
Infrastructure: Fed finances it then forgives it

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:28 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Now that I've been thinking about it, The Collapse can be indefinitely postponed by printing money,
Someone gets it, and his name is not GrumpyCatFace, who knew?
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:30 pm

StCapps wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:Now that I've been thinking about it, The Collapse can be indefinitely postponed by printing money,
The People Who Want To Own Everything (Royalty), don't like this Keynesian solution because they can't ever own everything.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:32 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
StCapps wrote:
The People Who Want To Own Everything, don't like this Keynesian solution because they can't ever own everything.
See, we agree on plenty Hash, it's just I'm not going to agree with all your opinions, and the opinions of yours that I do agree with, are not influenced by how accomplished, wealthy and/or famous you are. It's the argument, not the man making it, that is important to me, though the same cannot be said for the average voter.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:52 pm

Nope. The infinite money printing machine is goin out of order - that’s what the current collapse of the dollar is all about. You can’t see it, because you’re entrenched in the current state of things, but this gravy train is leaving the station.

Just watch between now and April. You won’t believe your eyes.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:06 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Nope. The infinite money printing machine is goin out of order - that’s what the current collapse of the dollar is all about. You can’t see it, because you’re entrenched in the current state of things, but this gravy train is leaving the station.

Just watch between now and April. You won’t believe your eyes.
I'm still a The Collapse Is Coming guy. I watch a lot of the "experts" talking on YouTube and they seem to know no more than I do, and often they are selling gold so their advice is tainted.

The OP video got me thinking though: the Stock Market is in the bag, so don't be looking there. Where else to look for The Collapse? Falling sales is where. When corporations have to report REAL profits, not just buy-back-stock-using-borrowed-money-to-make-EPS-go-up, then that will put some serious pressure on the Fed to keep buying their way-overpriced stock. The Fed will do it for awhile but eventually the weight will be too heavy, and people will notice a $10 trillion Balance Sheet and lose confidence. The Balance Sheet might even go to $20 trillion but if real profits don't return, there's no way the Fed can hold stocks up forever.

Question is, will profits start going down? What would bring profits down? A catastrophe? State confiscation for a big war effort? What else?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:12 pm

Yields. The bond market drives stocks.

That’s where the Fed is dumping, and that’s where they’re borrowing to pay for the Tax Bill, Infinite War, and everything else.

Last week, the yield on bonds went over the dividend payout for the S&P. This week, it may top 3%. That’s going to trigger a mass rush for the exits.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:18 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Yields. The bond market drives stocks.

That’s where the Fed is dumping, and that’s where they’re borrowing to pay for the Tax Bill, Infinite War, and everything else.

Last week, the yield on bonds went over the dividend payout for the S&P. This week, it may top 3%. That’s going to trigger a mass rush for the exits.
If The Fed bought the Bonds, the yield would go down, protecting stocks. The Fed is probably already doing it. I'm thinking anything that Imaginary Money can do to keep the ship afloat will be done.

So, what other things could bring down corporate sales? A big religious revival that convinces people to stop consuming? Trade war that decreases exports?