Who is the Toughest Person on this Forum?

C-Mag

Re: Who is the Toughest Person on this Forum?

Post by C-Mag » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:15 pm

heydaralon wrote:There are a lot of pretenders on this thread. Let me reiterate. I am the toughest Martin Hash member. Me. .

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Congratulations, you are now officially an internet tough guy.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:22 pm

C-Mag wrote:
heydaralon wrote:There are a lot of pretenders on this thread. Let me reiterate. I am the toughest Martin Hash member. Me. .

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Congratulations, you are now officially an internet tough guy.
Not quite. I still haven't even gotten done telling you guys about the time I broke 3 boards in tae kwon do. Not at once. That is impossible for any man. But over the course of 8 months when getting my yellow belt I broke 3 quite sturdy pieces of particle board. Keep in mind, I was 19 at the time and I have only gotten stronger since then. The particle board was very tough, probably more durable than an entire redwood tree if I were to guess...
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:32 pm

Brawling is about aggression not toughness, your aggression overcomes your aversion to violent confrontation, but you don't have to be tough, tough is about enduring, sustaining effort under duress for extended periods.

Like, the Pathfinder Course, that's tough, you have to be iron man hard to get through that, but getting into a fight and taking a beat down, that's easy.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:43 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Brawling is about aggression not toughness, your aggression overcomes you aversion to violent confrontation, but you don't have to be tough, tough is about enduring, sustaining effort under duress for extended periods.
I really regret making this thread because it just sounds like me bragging, which was not my intent. I once went close to 19 hours without drinking water and this was during the fall which was quite warm here, inside my house with the AC off. This sort of endurance is not possible with most men, and every nerve in my body was telling me to drink water, but I managed to control these urges by taking occasional sips of Arizona iced tea The reason I did this was because Arizona is not a thirst quencher. Quite the opposite in fact. It makes you thirstier, and I wanted to purge all forms of weakness out of my being. During this period of time, I would do ten jumping jacks every 20 minutes, followed by a brisk walk up the stairs (over 14 of them in fact). This was a futile attempt to defeat myself, and show that I am no different than most men. But I proved that day that I was capable of almost superhuman levels of deprivation and agility. I could have gone another hour easily, but the Crossfit team that was staying over was beginning to feel inadequate and embarrassed watching me do jack after jack, and climb the stairs with ease. Many of them quit the team after that. I don't doubt you are tough Smitty, I'm just concerned that you are not as tough as me. Have you ever done situps in the rain with an 8 kilogram weight on your chest at 8am in the morning? I did that on my cheat days. A cheat day for me involves a 25 minute run around my entire neighborhood which is over 4 cul de sacs.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:49 pm

The toughest thing I've ever had to endure, was sleep deprivation, going without sleep for days while sustaining maximum effort and carrying out complex tasks, that was the toughest.

After a few days, you totally understand why they use sleep deprivation as torture. I wouldn't bother with waterboarding, sleep dep will break anybody in the end, it's just a matter of time.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:55 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:The toughest thing I've ever had to endure, was sleep deprivation, going without sleep for days while sustaining maximum effort and carrying out complex tasks, that was the toughest.
I have stayed awake for 80 hours on adderall during finals week. I can't imagine staying up more than 48 without medication, and even that would be a damn near impossible feat for me lol. My buddy said he was up for a few days straight during the end of basic, and he started hallucinating. Idk how he did it without speed lol. One of my roommates during college had to stay up for 3 days and nights during hell week at his frat, and he also reported visions. Staying awake too long is almost like a drug, not a very fun one though...
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:59 pm

I went nine days without sleep, leading attacks all day, digging trench positions at the end of the day, then leading patrols all night, no drugs to assist except ranger coffee. I think I started hallucinating on the sixth or seventh day. The hallucinations came and went, didn't have them when I was active and moving around, but if I sat down and my mind started to wander, that's when I starting looking at bushes and seeing a person I knew, shit like that.

I was talking to a bush, I thought it was my buddy, I was talking to him but he wasn't answering, I was like "Mark! Mark! Hey, Mark!" and then Mark came up behind me from another direction and was like "What the fuck do you want? Stop yelling for fucks sakes".
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:05 am

Smitty-48 wrote:I went nine days without sleep, leading attacks all day, digging trench positions at the end of the day, then leading patrols all night, no drugs to assist except ranger coffee. I think I started hallucinating on the sixth or seventh day.
Jesus.

I've read articles by scientists saying that we still don't know why the human body needs sleep, or dreams, just that if we don't get it we start to go apeshit. This is hardly gamechanging info I'm throwing out, but I read that dreams are actually a distillation of all of our thoughts leading up to sleep. Essentially, the important ones that will help with our survival and make us better from an evolutionary perspective are run through our minds repeatedly while we sleep, to store in longterm memory. We absorb these thoughts through our subconscious and then adjust our behavior accordingly. I have no idea if that is true, but its a pretty cool theory.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:12 am

The hallucinations came on at night, in the woods, in the dark, the normal eyes playing tricks on you thing, with sleep dep, that becomes intense, like, you think you see a horse waking through the woods, and you're like, "there's no horses in the training area, that can't be", but it's so intense, you eventually have to turn to your buddy and ask "seriously, you don't see a horse out there, do you?"
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:15 am

Smitty-48 wrote:The hallucinations came on at night, in the woods, in the dark, the normal eyes playing tricks on you thing, with sleep dep, that becomes intense, like, you think you see a horse waking through the woods, and you're like, "there's no horses in the training area, that can't be", but it's so intense, you eventually have to turn to your buddy and ask "seriously, you don't see a horse out there, do you?"
I've never hallucinated like that. Whenever I go without sleep for a long time, its just little shit that seems bigger. Like a flicker of light in the corner of your eye becomes someone sneaking around or a sudden low noise sounds like a bang. I guess that's why methheads are so paranoid and shit.
Shikata ga nai