Who is the Toughest Person on this Forum?

Smitty-48

Re: Who is the Toughest Person on this Forum?

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:50 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:I am a softy. I go for gymnastics and stuff like that rather than martial arts. You might want to include California. Dude has a few years of MMA training under his belt already.
Gymnastics is tough, I'd much rather be in a cage match fight than have to do gymnastics.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:52 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I am a softy. I go for gymnastics and stuff like that rather than martial arts. You might want to include California. Dude has a few years of MMA training under his belt already.
Gymnastics is tough, I'd much rather be in a cage match fight than have to do gymnastics.
I've always considered male gymnastics as the most difficult sport on the planet.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:54 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:Heath is a double-black belt, has 4 students, came in 2nd a couple times at tourneys, and coaches the occasional MMA fighter. (2 so far.)

He's a kick-boxer.

That's very cool.
I'd tell you other stuff but he tells me that most martial arts are bullshit and not to group him in with wannabes.

p.s. He's also traveled to Portugal, Hawaii & Columbia for big tourneys, where he placed.
p.p.s. He's aging out quickly, if not already.

Does he think wing chun is bullshit or maybe worth the time?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:54 pm

When toughness comes up, I don't even think of fighting first. I think of guys working in extreme conditions for long hours, physically demanding day in and day out.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:56 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
I've always considered male gymnastics as the most difficult sport on the planet.
We had this Sergeant-Major come to our unit from JTF2, the Canadian equivalent of JSOC, and we were warned that he was going to be running some tough PT sessions, we thought that meant running or something, but it was fuckin' gymnastics n' shit, he was a super military crossfit freak. It was hell.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:01 pm

Gymnastics is really, really hard. I am so weak at this shit. I am still mostly just trying to rehab and toughen up my shoulders at this point. Lots of floor work. Still working on handstands. Got a lot of tumbling and mobility exercises down pretty well. It makes training fun to alternate between weight training and gymnastics/mobility training.

It doesn't really make you a tough opponent, though. Being strong doesn't really matter against somebody with martial arts skill.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:11 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:It doesn't really make you a tough opponent, though. Being strong doesn't really matter against somebody with martial arts skill.
Meh, martial arts is overrated, it's not the dog in the fight, it's the fight in the dog, I know plenty of "black belts" who are pussies.

The scariest guy I ever knew, had no training other than brawling on Commercial Street down in Glace Bay Nova Scotia, he would tear people to pieces like a pit bull, no technique, he just muckled on to them and destroyed them, pure aggression, no fear.

And he was about 5'9" and 190 lbs soaking wet.

All kinds of martial arts guys tried to take him on, they were all screaming like little girls once the pit bull was upon them, he beat them to a bloody pulp like something out of a Martin Scorsese movie.

On a base with 5000 soldiers including the infamous Canadian Airborne Regiment, nobody wanted to mess with them, the only guys who ever messed with him, were the new guys who hadn't got the memo yet, and townies who had no clue what they were walking into.

Freakiest thing was he didn't even get mad, he didn't fight mad, he loved it, somebody would call him out and he would just let out this little laugh, huhuhuh, little grin on his face, he was a happy warrior, he was chomping at the bit for someone to call him out, because it was fun.

He never bullied anybody, he was kind to the weak, but if somebody called him out, wanted to the play the tough guy, so be it, that was on them.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:27 pm

Martin Hash wrote:My son, Heath, is a member of this forum. If we're just talking mano-to-mano, cage match stuff, that's kind of his thing.
What is his user name? Hwen? If it is, I would not have made all those jokes. From the limited info I have on Martin's Minutes, Heath sounds like a goddamn conquistador. I always enjoy reading about his exploits.
Shikata ga nai

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:36 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:My son, Heath, is a member of this forum. If we're just talking mano-to-mano, cage match stuff, that's kind of his thing.
What is his user name? Hwen? If it is, I would not have made all those jokes. From the limited info I have on Martin's Minutes, Heath sounds like a goddamn conquistador. I always enjoy reading about his exploits.
“Bag of Dicks” Martin’s Minutes on Monday. Heath features prominently.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:43 pm

There are a lot of pretenders on this thread. Let me reiterate. I am the toughest Martin Hash member. Me. If I ever leave this forum, we can discuss who the successor will be. I don't want to fight anyone. I prefer the deterrent strategy. I can do the Nautilus circuit in my gym (2 sets of 8 on every machine) in under 2 hours. I can whittle a sharpened stick with a pocket knife and make the tip sharp enough to pierce a nylon tent. I am not a premature ejaculator, unless I am with a girl. I have lifted my own body weight without a spotter (not using freeweights, not that its any less impressive). I'm not trying to diss you guys, but its important to be honest and recognize your strengths. Mine are quite distinguished. I have biked in sixth gear for over 45 minutes. This was not too long ago. These are not run of the mill fitness exploits. I killed a toad with a sling shot in tenth grade, and he wasn't even bothering me. If this was a bar, you guys would slowly be backing away from me, whimpering in subservience and fear. That is the acceptable response. I'm not trying to embarrass anybody, and I will let you all save face, but you need to respect my strength and prowess as a man. I appreciate it, and there's no reason I can't find a place for you all as my minions or errand boys. But around the girls, I'm going to need to assert myself in front of you. Its nothing personal, and we are still friends, but that's just the way I choose to do things.
Shikata ga nai