Essential Classic Movies to Watch With The Kids

Montegriffo

Re: Essential Classic Movies to Watch With The Kids

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:46 pm

Fife wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Groundhog Day wasn't mentioned yet?

Should have been. My kiddo is a big Ned Ryerson defender. I told her 10 years ago that everything we do in life is sales. Maybe I should have considered how to deliver that message.
Right there on page one, Carlus got it covered.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:47 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Groundhog Day wasn't mentioned yet?
TBS used to do a good job of keeping the classics on rotation.

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, the andy griffith show and twilight zone need to be in the mix.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:53 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:One of my top films. Andie MacDowell was so pretty in that film.
Yes she was, and that was one of the best shot movies ever.

Plus Chris Elliot was a big part of Groundhog Day, so #winning,

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:29 pm

Fife wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:One of my top films. Andie MacDowell was so pretty in that film.
You know it has to be true love when he spends the equivalent of thousands of years trying to win her over. Most chicks.. I need a break after a few days.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:18 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fife wrote:
You know it has to be true love when he spends the equivalent of thousands of years trying to win her over. Most chicks.. I need a break after a few days.
I don't think he was there that long. Seems like he was in repeat for about 90 minutes, then the credits rolled. Hardly a Herculean effort
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:30 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Fife wrote:
I don't think he was there that long. Seems like he was in repeat for about 90 minutes, then the credits rolled. Hardly a Herculean effort

The guy became an expert in a lot of things. Spoke lots of languages. Was a concert pianist. He spent thousands of years, dude.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:32 pm

heydaralon wrote:

The guy became an expert in a lot of things. Spoke lots of languages. Was a concert pianist. He spent thousands of years, dude.
How come the movie was only an hour and forty minutes then? How could that much time have passed in such a short period of time?
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:37 pm

heydaralon wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

How come the movie was only an hour and forty minutes then? How could that much time have passed in such a short period of time?

For you it seemed like the length of a single movie. But for Bill Murry, it was like ten thousand years. Didn't you pay attention to the movie? You just kept resetting while the movie was going on and on and on.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:38 pm

heydaralon wrote:

For you it seemed like the length of a single movie. But for Bill Murry, it was like ten thousand years. Didn't you pay attention to the movie?
I'm just kidding around dude, I love groundhog day. I would have let that kid fall though...
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:53 pm

Basic Instinct is another obvious choice
Shikata ga nai