How Does One Actually Buy Gold?

Speaker to Animals

Re: How Does One Actually Buy Gold?

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:02 pm

LOL. That was supposed to be to DB in a different thread. You were wise enough not to make that mistake. :lol:

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:08 pm

If you're a coin collector then buy silver U.S. coins for smaller denominations. If you're not a collector, you can buy new U.S. silver coins but I don't know anybody who does. (I have 1, I think it has a $5 denomination but it's an ounce.) Nickels are worth more in the metal than 5 cents, and some people I know have mountains of nickels but I only have a few hundred $ worth.

The government will try and force you to turn in your gold if history is any indication, so if it comes to it, you'll be bartering in the underground economy. I have no idea how much money you'll need but people buy insurance for just the feelz so why not buy gold?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:17 pm

Martin Hash wrote:If you're a coin collector then buy silver U.S. coins for smaller denominations. If you're not a collector, you can buy new U.S. silver coins but I don't know anybody who does. (I have 1, I think it has a $5 denomination but it's an ounce.) Nickels are worth more in the metal than 5 cents, and some people I know have mountains of nickels but I only have a few hundred $ worth.

The government will try and force you to turn in your gold if history is any indication, so if it comes to it, you'll be bartering in the underground economy. I have no idea how much money you'll need but people buy insurance for just the feelz so why not buy gold?

Pretty sure they will try to take the gold before the USD totally collapses.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:20 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:If you're a coin collector then buy silver U.S. coins for smaller denominations. If you're not a collector, you can buy new U.S. silver coins but I don't know anybody who does. (I have 1, I think it has a $5 denomination but it's an ounce.) Nickels are worth more in the metal than 5 cents, and some people I know have mountains of nickels but I only have a few hundred $ worth.

I think this thing is going to go down pretty fast: think the 2008 almost-Collapse. No time for searching people's houses for gold & guns. And who would do it? The police? No. The National Guard? No. The Military? No. Afterwards, maybe 6 months in, government will hire thugs to take your gold & guns.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:20 pm

Almost certainly. I've already worked out a series of hidey-holes to stash it, around the property.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:22 pm

Martin Hash wrote:

I think this thing is going to go down pretty fast: think the 2008 almost-Collapse. No time for searching people's houses for gold & guns. And who would do it? The police? No. The National Guard? No. The Military? No. Afterwards, maybe 6 months in, government will hire thugs to take your gold & guns.

They would contract out private firms, most likely. Basically resurrect the concept of publicans.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:24 pm

Martin Hash wrote:

They would contract out private firms, most likely. Basically resurrect the concept of publicans.
Blue Helmets :P
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:35 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Martin Hash wrote: I think this thing is going to go down pretty fast: think the 2008 almost-Collapse. No time for searching people's houses for gold & guns. And who would do it? The police? No. The National Guard? No. The Military? No. Afterwards, maybe 6 months in, government will hire thugs to take your gold & guns.

More like private security firms getting into some search and seizure contracts.

I think there is a good chance, if the democrats take power again, there will be a federal police force created just so they can better come down and start seizing our weapons and other possessions in anticipation of this. They could ostensibly sell it as a reaction to states ignoring federal laws with respect to immigration and drug enforcement, but add in some civil rights cases to dress it up nicely for the Marxists.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:39 pm

C-Mag wrote:

More like private security firms getting into some search and seizure contracts.

I think there is a good chance, if the democrats take power again, there will be a federal police force created just so they can better come down and start seizing our weapons and other possessions in anticipation of this.
No one can predict when The Collapse is going to occur, or what will make it occur, and when it does occur, it will be too late to send out goons. Within the first month, the National Guard will be protecting neighborhoods, and National Guard, your uncles & brothers, aren't going to let goons in. It will have to be after the National Guard goes home.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:53 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

I think there is a good chance, if the democrats take power again, there will be a federal police force created just so they can better come down and start seizing our weapons and other possessions in anticipation of this.
No one can predict when The Collapse is going to occur, or what will make it occur, and when it does occur, it will be too late to send out goons. Within the first month, the National Guard will be protecting neighborhoods, and National Guard, your uncles & brothers, aren't going to let goons in. It will have to be after the National Guard goes home.
Do you see them doing that for free, patrolling city streets, while their families are alone in the suburbs? :whistle:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0