How Does One Actually Buy Gold?

Speaker to Animals

Re: How Does One Actually Buy Gold?

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:53 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Apmex
Apmex looks pretty dope, actually. But ideally, this would be a cash purchase. ;)

Besides, how would you even take delivery? Is the UPS guy going to carry gold bars to your door??

It's insured delivery and you have to sign for it.

Granted, I was buying when it was only a few hundred dollars per ounce.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:22 am

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:23 am

Yeah, I'm rooting for Bitcoin, but I don't think we've seen the government even take it seriously yet. China, Russia, and others are banning it, and the US is looking for a reason. They will get their tax money, if nothing else.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:37 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Yeah, I'm rooting for Bitcoin, but I don't think we've seen the government even take it seriously yet. China, Russia, and others are banning it, and the US is looking for a reason. They will get their tax money, if nothing else.
Believe me when I say that is the last time I will offer expert investing advice. You coldly rejected my offer to get you pyrite and other precious minerals. Im not greedy I was only looking to get 35% of your total take.
Last edited by heydaralon on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:22 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Yeah, I'm rooting for Bitcoin, but I don't think we've seen the government even take it seriously yet. China, Russia, and others are banning it, and the US is looking for a reason. They will get their tax money, if nothing else.

It's interesting that they let it go. Previous attempts at creating alternative currencies in America were met with criminal prosecution.

I suspect there is a reason. The IC might be balls-deep in that stuff, perhaps. There has to be a reason for this.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:30 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:

It's interesting that they let it go. Previous attempts at creating alternative currencies in America were met with criminal prosecution.

I suspect there is a reason. The IC might be balls-deep in that stuff, perhaps. There has to be a reason for this.
It’s because the technology is relatively decentralized. Maybe they’ve learned a little from the war on drugs. Or maybe it’s because Blockchain is useful for other things.

Or maybe they are just being slow, as always, and will do exactly the wrong thing, when they get around to it.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:48 pm

Shitcoin is a craptocurrency
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:56 am

LAWL Dutch tulips are all the rage...

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-0 ... ough-15000

Bitcoin went up $6,000 today, and then dropped 3,000. Shit is fun to watch, but a lot of people are about to get crushed.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:22 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Apmex
Apmex looks pretty dope, actually. But ideally, this would be a cash purchase. ;)

Besides, how would you even take delivery? Is the UPS guy going to carry gold bars to your door??

Gotta tell ya, man. Apmex is a bit of a rip-off. Priced 1oz Gold at $100 higher than the local coin store guy, NOT including shipping. Also, was able to buy cash, with no paper trail.

One instance of old-world face to face retail proving far superior to the internet.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:24 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Gotta tell ya, man. Apmex is a bit of a rip-off. Priced 1oz Gold at $100 higher than the local coin store guy, NOT including shipping. Also, was able to buy cash, with no paper trail.

One instance of old-world face to face retail proving far superior to the internet.

That's cool. It wasn't very different in the early 2000s. The local coin stores were actually kind of shitty back then. Good job scouting it out like that.