Legal Questions and Answers

C-Mag

Legal Questions and Answers

Post by C-Mag » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:54 pm

A thread for Legal Minds to set us straight

Heres a question I have.
This Strzok was fired for bias. What is the affect to warrants he may have secured, evidence, etc. ..?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Smitty-48

Re: Legal Questions and Answers

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:02 pm

C-Mag wrote:A thread for Legal Minds to set us straight

Heres a question I have.
This Strzok was fired for bias. What is the affect to warrants he may have secured, evidence, etc. ..?

No effect on warrants, as that is judicially reviewed already, evidence is evidence, so no change there neither, but bear in mind, the President cannot be charged with a criminal offense, he can only be impeached and tried in the Senate, so it's totally political, it all just comes down to who controls Congress, if his enemies control Congress, then it doesn't really matter what the evidence is, High Crimes and Misdemeanors is whatever they say it is, it's a political show trial, wherein you either have the votes or your don't.

Being the only person in the country who is immune to criminal prosecution sounds like an advantage, until you take into account that the downside is, he's the only person in the country who is subject to political prosecution.

If it was a case of criminal prosecution, then going on Twitter and shooting his mouth off about it would be a very bad idea, but since it's totally political, rallying his base around him is his only defense, so might as well just go down swinging, doesn't matter what the FBI has, doesn't matter what Flynn says, all that matters, is who controls the Senate, because even if he is impeached, so long as he has the Senate with him, at worst he'd get a slap on the wrist.

Mind you, politically, for the Right, it would be better if he just martyred himself and pulled a Nixon, not only because Pence would be a better President, but you can also trace a direct line from the Watergate coup de tat, to the backlash of the Reagan and Gingrich revolutions; Watergate backfired on the Democrats, many times over, Pyrrhic victory, Obi-Wan Kenobi effect.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:50 pm

AM I BEING DETAINED?

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:07 pm

At this juncture, a Trump impeachment and removal from office would be a great boon for the Right, Trump is simply a means to an end, a weaponized presidency, but we're swiftly reaching a point where he would be of more utility as a martyr than he is in office, the Trump cudgel is already yielding diminishing returns, jettison him for Pence and ride the backlash against the coup de tat, if the Democucks get baited into that trap, all the better.
Nec Aspera Terrent

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:19 pm

C-Mag wrote:A thread for Legal Minds to set us straight

Heres a question I have.
I don't think it would have any effect on Mueller's investigation, absent some evidence that he mishandled evidence, tampered with witnesses, or did something comparable that would damage the integrity of the investigation.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:38 pm

Remove Trump and you get a 10 year Pence presidency...

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:17 pm

Thanks for the input Team!

In this report Strzok was the one who opened the investigation on Trump.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/04/politics/ ... index.html

It seems odd to me that a guy who is biased, goes after someone won't have an affect on what might be found.

Maybe this is too simplistic but I think of a traffic cop who follows someone around until the catch them turning without signalling.
PLATA O PLOMO

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:02 am

I don't see what the big deal is, the entire US government is so blatantly out to bring Trump down by any means available to them, I don't see the significance of one FBI agent being biased in an ocean of bias, and in terms of law enforcement in general, if they think you're a bad guy, there's nothing actually prohibiting them from targeting you, that's pretty much how law enforcement works actually, it's not like the cops really spend a lot of time just cruising around looking for random crime, 90% of the time they know who they are after and they're going after them with a purpose, even when they are ostensibly on patrol, they know who the criminals are and where they are hanging out, and they're really just circling back over and over, trying to disrupt them.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:51 pm

Here is a legal question: how accurate is the 1994 movie The Client? Is Tommy Lee Jones actually a lawyer, or was that a character he was playing? Is Susan Sarandon a lawyer irl? She may be an actress playing one idk. Is that movie legally binding?
Shikata ga nai

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:48 pm

Anyone heard of a Giglio Violation ? Referring to Giglio v. US, SCOTUS Case

Apparantly the prosecution (Mueller) was required to tell Flynn that Strzok was removed for bias. If they didn't, Flynn walks.

http://thegatewaypundit.com/2017/12/for ... violation/
PLATA O PLOMO