Rethinking Cultural Marxism

DrYouth

Rethinking Cultural Marxism

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:26 am

America was born on tearing down it's own history.

It immediately refuted it's British Heritage.
The British Crown was the oppressor.

The Puritans had only recently torn away from the Catholic Church.
The Pope was the oppressor.

America was a Cultural Marxists paradise from the get go.

It's going to be a long road to rolling that back.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Martin Hash

Re: Rethinking Cultural Marxism

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:33 am

Since there are way more losers (in comparison) in a Free Market than there are winners, the politics of envy & resentment is a powerful one. It has nothing to do with ideology except as cover for their base motivations. Upsetting the status quo is their goal, whatever the trappings.

p.s. See my philosophy book
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:38 am

DrYouth wrote:America was born on tearing down it's own history.

It immediately refuted it's British Heritage.
The British Crown was the oppressor.

The Puritans had only recently torn away from the Catholic Church.
The Pope was the oppressor.

America was a Cultural Marxists paradise from the get go.

It's going to be a long road to rolling that back.

Consider that "America" was three different nations, as your country consists of at least two, not including first nations. Cultural Marxism finds fertile ground in the fusion of Yankeeland (Puritanistic utopianism) and Midlands (Quaker zeal for toleration and multiculturalism). The Southland and Appalachia are merging into their own counter-bloc to Cultural Marxism.

The original nations that made the US all had combinations of really good and truly evil traits. We saw early on the truly evil traits of the Southland and Appalachia come to fruition. Now we see it's the turn of Yankeeland and Midlands to cause misery and strife.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:42 am

Martin Hash wrote:Since there are way more losers (in comparison) in a Free Market than there are winners, the politics of envy & resentment is a powerful one. It has nothing to do with ideology except as cover for their base motivations. Upsetting the status quo is their goal, whatever the trappings.

p.s. See my philosophy book

That's also a good point. But it's also a cultural thing. I live around Appalachians who seem to possess a contentment with life that I don't think Yankees could manage. Most of these guys are happy with a trailer parked on a few acres in the Styx. Really happy with that. The rest of this house of cards could collapse and they'd be fine with it. It's Yankees that drive innovation and industry because they possess a great need for education and professional success. I think it is difficult for people like that to understand why anybody could be content living like an Appalachian.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:46 am

There will always be low motivated people content with eating grass and rocking on the front porch. They never put anybody on the moon or even discovered electricity but, like cattle, they are content. As long as no butchers come along, who am I to say?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:52 am

Martin Hash wrote:There will always be low motivated people content with eating grass and rocking on the front porch. They never put anybody on the moon or even discovered electricity but, like cattle, they are content. As long as no butchers come along, who am I to say?

That's what I meant by good and bad traits. It would be better if most people were content with a plot of land. Yankeeland fosters the expectation that everybody become engineers, doctors, etc. But most cannot, yet they are acculturated with this expectation and need. That predisposed people to this Cultural Marxism when they fail.

On the one hand, Yankee virtues of industry and education are exactly what put us on the Moon. On the other hand, they also cultivated a generation of communists that now want to overthrow the very foundation of American government.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:01 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:On the one hand, Yankee virtues of industry and education are exactly what put us on the Moon. On the other hand, they also cultivated a generation of communists that now want to overthrow the very foundation of American government.
That is true: the "losers." That's why losers can't just be ignored, there's lots of them. You got to watch your flanks during the charge. Kill them or make a deal with them to be your allies.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:11 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:On the one hand, Yankee virtues of industry and education are exactly what put us on the Moon. On the other hand, they also cultivated a generation of communists that now want to overthrow the very foundation of American government.
That is true: the "losers." That's why losers can't just be ignored, there's lots of them. You got to watch your flanks during the charge. Kill them or make a deal with them to be your allies.

Well, for one, you have to stop calling them "losers", since it only fosters contempt and animosity. Losing at the engineering game is not winning in life. I won the engineering game for a while, but was miserable. Now I am disabled and quite a lot happier. I used to be obsessed with completing my PhD. That seems pointless to me now. All I want is happiness, of which "winning" in the engineering game may or may not provide.

Focusing only on industry as the measure of success breeds mass unhappiness as far as I can see. The contempt for those who fail or don't really see the point of that game, I think, accounts for the largest portion of the cultural forces driving this marxist wave. These kids were never meant for STEM or even college, and yet they were told they have to do that to avoid being "losers". They couldn't cut the mustard in a real academic program, and the universities were more than happy to take their tuition in exchange for fake academic programs that don't help these people one bit. Now they are massively in debt with no ability to find jobs to pay that debt off. People keep calling them losers and blaming them for the product of a fucked-up Yankee culture and Marxism comes along to offer them a counter-narrative where they are the victims and it is *you* who needs to get strung up on a street lamp.

In a lot of ways, this is a crisis in Yankee culture in the same way that slavery and all the authoritarian fuckery was a crisis in Southern culture between 1860s and 1960s. What is this but a form of slavery anyway?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:25 am

The word "losers" is meant to trigger you. Nobody wants to be a loser, but in the Capitalism game, that's how they feel. That's what gives lie to the "raising tide" fallacy. "Winners" had better fucking find a way to placate the losers, or the losers will gang up.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:27 am

There's only a tiny fraction of Marxists but they're loud & they have a plan, so all the losers hook on out of desperation. Same thing that got Trump elected except on the other side.