Freedom of Association

Martin Hash

Re: Freedom of Association

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:12 pm

Oh, I see, forced union membership is for the greater good. Well, of course, who needs The Courts to take my liberty from me through due process, I’ll just surrender it to the masses because they know better than me.

The OP laments how we have lost our Freedom of Association, and there’s a reason for that: everyone let it go. It was only a historical anomaly.

p.s. SCOTUS will be deciding the union issue this session.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:13 pm

Any and all laws are compulsion 'for the greater good.'
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:14 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Any and all laws are compulsion 'for the greater good.'
Isn’t that my point? Freedom of Association has been taken.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:24 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:Any and all laws are compulsion 'for the greater good.'
I suppose that is why freedom of association is merely adumbrated by other constitutional protections, and not explicitly guaranteed.

It would be a bit like trying to ensure freedom from irritation as a fundamental right.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:35 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
I suppose that is why freedom of association is merely adumbrated by other constitutional protections, and not explicitly guaranteed.
Yeah, Right to Privacy, Freedom of Movement, and Reproductive Rights are the same, and headed down the same path.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:36 pm

We need to keep a list of the Rights we lose to the Collectivists (because it's best for everyone) as a countdown to the total loss of liberty.

LVH2

Post by LVH2 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:05 pm

I didn't say it was for the greater good. I said it gives the most people the most options and the options they prefer. Why isn't that max liberty?

I still don't see why the freedom to join a union shop, take the benifits and not join the union is more important than the freedom to take a union job or not.

Also don't see the difference betweenunions and hoas and corps.

Speaker to Animals wrote:If we get rid of organized labor laws, then we also need to get rid of patents, copyrights, and every other exclusivity under the law equivalent for investors.

I can deal with both or neither. It's those hypocritical positions of one but not the other that chafe against good reason and principle.
Fair enough.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:11 pm

Well, we will test your legal acumen against SCOTUS soon. Maybe you're correct? Maybe Unions are legal restrictions on liberty? Or maybe not...