Spider Scarecrows

Speaker to Animals

Re: Spider Scarecrows

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:21 pm

Nukedog wrote:They deserved it for fucking with them. Literally the only time they attacked me was when I was a kid and thought it would be cool to fuck with them. Stop being a cuck for someone else's offspring making bad decisions. Tell them, "no, you're kid is a genetic dead end making bad decisions. He needs to learn that in this world, fucking around with wasps will get you stung." And then walk away. Be the bigger man.

These were attacking everybody, dude. They would swarm at me just walking my dogs.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:37 pm

They were just trying to figure you out. That's not an attack. Granted, if it's a big enough nest to cause a general nuisance, I suppose it's ok to remove it. Never seen one that big. Ive worked in close quarters with them for years. Even in a pipe yard where I was banging and clanging tons of steel they wouldn't bother me. Sometimes they would come and invade my personal space but it was just to see who it was. Got to be friends with them. Great guys wasps. Better than cats.

katarn

Post by katarn » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:59 pm

Nukedog wrote:They deserved it for fucking with them. Literally the only time they attacked me was when I was a kid and thought it would be cool to fuck with them. Stop being a cuck for someone else's offspring making bad decisions. Tell them, "no, you're kid is a genetic dead end making bad decisions. He needs to learn that in this world, fucking around with wasps will get you stung." And then walk away. Be the bigger man.
Wasps are about neutral on the hate-o-meter. Bald faced hornets (disregarding that they aren't actually hornets) are a strong negative- kill if safe. Those buggers are aggressive. I don't know how you worked around them without getting attacked- unless you weren't talking about the black ones DSL was. Those will sting for existing near them. We had a full basketball sized nest here that stung us quite a lot before we removed it.

Bees are fine if not in a path, wasps not preferable, but not essential to remove, hornets and yellow-jackets must die, and spit on their bodies too.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:02 pm

Maybe you're right. We don't get too many yellow jackets around here. Just generally mud daubers and those red wasps. I like them tbh. I got really pissed off at a new coworker that decided to spray paint them because they scared him like a little bitch. They kept me company for a while during some hard times.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:02 pm

Martin Hash wrote:It's shit like this (and butterflies) that undermine evolutionary theory. As a computer programmer (a damn good one), there REALLY IS such a thing as irreducible complexity. This shit isn't random.
The decoy was about the size of a half-dollar, constructed from debris and food carcasses, with eight legs radiating from its bulky center. It took Reeves awhile to find the spider that sculpted the false arachnid, but he eventually spotted it hiding in a pocket built into the decoy’s abdomen. It was just millimeters across, and well camouflaged by its building materials.
Spider Scarecrows

p.s. In fact, this is so outrageous, I call bullshit. However, when I tried to find whether something this ridiculous had been debunked, I couldn't!
This might have been the first time it was discovered. I didn't follow up.

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:02 pm

Nukedog wrote:They were just trying to figure you out. That's not an attack. Granted, if it's a big enough nest to cause a general nuisance, I suppose it's ok to remove it. Never seen one that big. Ive worked in close quarters with them for years. Even in a pipe yard where I was banging and clanging tons of steel they wouldn't bother me. Sometimes they would come and invade my personal space but it was just to see who it was. Got to be friends with them. Great guys wasps. Better than cats.

It was about the size of a basketball. The little satellite nests were just little disks.

My dogs tried to murder a cat somebody let outside the other day. The little one's nickname is Miss. Animal Control. A few days ago somebody's rooster was walking around the complex. She just stood there shaking with anticipation. I think she knew it was edible. The big one just thinks it's all play but she's serious.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:07 pm

Well you do choose to rear the most aggressive dog breed for some reason. Can't say I approve but whatever.

Wait you don't read Pitts do you?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:11 pm

Nukedog wrote:Well you do choose to rear the most aggressive dog breed for some reason. Can't say I approve but whatever.

Wait you don't read Pitts do you?

Nah man. She's not aggressive towards people or most dogs. She just has a strong prey drive. She's a boxer. Sweet as can be unless you are a cat, rooster, bird, etc.

She looks a little like this guy: