Star Trek Discovery

C-Mag

Re: Star Trek Discovery

Post by C-Mag » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:18 pm

Commander Sisko: Someone tried to kill you, Garak. Whoever it was may try again, so if I were you, I would give this matter some serious thought.
Elim Garak: Well, let me see. I mean, there's the Nausicaan whose wedding suit I misplaced; and the Yridian I owe money to; and of course, there's always Major Kira.
Dr. Julian Bashir: This is serious, Garak.
Elim Garak: I'm being serious. I don't think she likes me.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:32 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I expected bad, and got worse. Star Trek died with Enterprise, sadly.
Have you not seen Galaxy Quest and The Orville? They, in my opinion, are the true succors here. Discovery seems to be only Trek in name only and overall the tone is totally off. Now, I have only seen the first episode but I will not be suckered into buying a $5.99 per month subscription so I can stream more commercials. No, I will just wait and see if they come to Netflix.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:34 pm

Galaxy Quest was the high water mark of the entire Star Trek franchise. It was always going to be downhill from that.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:35 pm

How dare you speak of Galaxy Quest and The Orville in the same breath?
:naughty:
One of these things is clearly infinitely better than the other.

Also, be more resourceful when it comes to finding a way to watch the show, there are ways, don't front like there isn't.

You don't have to wait for Netflix, you choose to,
it's better to just ask yourself, what would Sweden do?
Last edited by StCapps on Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:49 pm

StCapps wrote:How dare you speak of Galaxy Quest and The Orville in the same breath?

Also, be more resourceful when it comes to finding a way to watch the show, there are ways, don't front like there isn't.

I like The Orville is like watching a true Star Trek show and many other Trekkies would agree as well. The critics may not like it but Trekkies do because it actually feels like Star Trek.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:50 pm

Penner wrote:
StCapps wrote:How dare you speak of Galaxy Quest and The Orville in the same breath?

I like The Orville is like watching a true Star Trek show and many other Trekkies would agree as well. The critics may not like it but Trekkies do because it actually feels like Star Trek.
Yeah, bad Star Trek. Feels just like that. To say the critics would disagree is also quite the understatement as they seem to hate it with a fiery passion, and they give a lot of terrible shows a pass at times with just mediocre reviews, but not in this instance.
*yip*

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:54 pm

StCapps wrote:
Penner wrote:

Yeah, bad Star Trek. Feels just like that.

Yesh, you seem to be a horrible Trekkie. If anything Discovery is just Star Trek in name only because everything about it (including the Klingons) just isn't Star Trek. Now, if this was something else then maybe but it's supposed to be Star Trek and not only that but supposedly only takes place only 10 years before Kirk manning the Enterprise.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:59 pm

Penner wrote:Yesh, you seem to be a horrible Trekkie. If anything Discovery is just Star Trek in name only because everything about it (including the Klingons) just isn't Star Trek. Now, if this was something else then maybe but it's supposed to be Star Trek and not only that but supposedly only takes place only 10 years before Kirk manning the Enterprise.
I don't like how they changed the Klingons either, but not really a dealbreaker, if Roddenberry had the special effects he would have done it back in the day anyway, that why he changed them in the first place. I like the Enterprise explanation too, but at least they look intimidating, which is kind of the point no? They still look Klingon enough, and they sure as shit speak it. The Klingons feel Klingon, even if they don't look it.

You can't just watch only one episode anyway, it's a two parter to open, then you got a third episode which actually sets the show up, you haven't even seen the ship yet where the show takes place, they are on the Shenzhou in the first episode, not the Discovery. And if you read the credits, and understand that the main character isn't the Captain, you can put two and two together. All the people shitting on the show seem only to have seen the first episode of a two parter, so perhaps they shouldn't be so quick to judge.

Sweden, make like a Swede, fuck CBS and the horse they rode in on.
*yip*

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:37 am

Penner wrote:

What is treu Trekkie exactly?

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:46 am

I'll be watching Star Trek Continues instead. Star Trek Discovery reeks of contemporary political correctness.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck