Star Trek Discovery

Hastur

Re: Star Trek Discovery

Post by Hastur » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:34 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote: That jumps out to you. All the suffering under monarchs was great...
The atheist republics killed more than theistic monarchies, by comparison the latter were softies, so yeah of course the former would stand out, and so would Genghis Khan.
They became chill as fuck real quick while the others killed way mote in 2000 years. Both in terms of proportion of the population and by numbers.
Hastur wrote:It's amazing how little value is attributed to civilization in the west today. I guess it's all the guilt and self loathing we are constantly being bombarded with. The biggest victim gets most prestige, not those who actually contribute to society. Building civilization and keeping it together requires tremendous energy. Wrecking it is almost automatic.
What you mean?
There is no going back. No one will give up running water and the Internet...
They don't have to actively give it up. Once you lost the people who can give you running water and internet it will be lost, whether you want it or not.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:46 am

Hastur wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
StCapps wrote:The atheist republics killed more than theistic monarchies, by comparison the latter were softies, so yeah of course the former would stand out, and so would Genghis Khan.
They became chill as fuck real quick while the others killed way mote in 2000 years. Both in terms of proportion of the population and by numbers.
Hastur wrote:It's amazing how little value is attributed to civilization in the west today. I guess it's all the guilt and self loathing we are constantly being bombarded with. The biggest victim gets most prestige, not those who actually contribute to society. Building civilization and keeping it together requires tremendous energy. Wrecking it is almost automatic.
What you mean?
They don't have to actively give it up. Once you lost the people who can give you running water and internet it will be lost, whether you want it or not.

They have a reason to stop doing that?

They cannot be replaced by others to do that?

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:51 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Hastur wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote: They became chill as fuck real quick while the others killed way mote in 2000 years. Both in terms of proportion of the population and by numbers.

What you mean?

What's with your infantile questions? No energy input, just a constant attention leech. Civilization is so much more than material things. You need to trust strangers, rules and institutions. That takes generations to build up and can be gone within a couple of months. If you don't understand that I have no time for you.

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:02 am

loool people from all around the world dislike Hwen and his retarded posts. Even on an innocuous Star Trek thread Hwen managed to go into retard mode quite quickly.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:05 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
heydaralon wrote:I've started watching some star trek clips on youtube and I feel like this is an elaborate troll all of you guys are in on to fuck with me and get me to watch bad tv. There's like hundreds and hundreds of episodes of this shit right? Jesus. This is just silly silly shit in the worst kind of way. I knew my first instincts were right about Star Trek. I'm gonna steer clear of this nonsense.
You just finished telling us that you had a favorite captain. Have you watched it or not?
I've seen a few episodes back in the 90's at my friends house. But not really no. I'm mainly shitposting about on here.
Shikata ga nai

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:28 am

heydaralon wrote:loool people from all around the world dislike Hwen and his retarded posts. Even on an innocuous Star Trek thread Hwen managed to go into retard mode quite quickly.
There is nothing to gain from caring about Internet hate...
Hastur wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Hastur wrote: They don't have to actively give it up. Once you lost the people who can give you running water and internet it will be lost, whether you want it or not.

What's with your infantile questions? No energy input, just a constant attention leech. Civilization is so much more than material things. You need to trust strangers, rules and institutions. That takes generations to build up and can be gone within a couple of months. If you don't understand that I have no time for you.
You want to talk to me or not?

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:36 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
heydaralon wrote:loool people from all around the world dislike Hwen and his retarded posts. Even on an innocuous Star Trek thread Hwen managed to go into retard mode quite quickly.
Hastur wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote: They have a reason to stop doing that?

Hwen you should make a thread about dog recipes or something you dumb bastard. That might be where you shine idk.
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:56 am

Collie flower cheese
Sausage dog
Pekingese duck
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:56 am

heydaralon wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Hastur wrote: What's with your infantile questions? No energy input, just a constant attention leech. Civilization is so much more than material things. You need to trust strangers, rules and institutions. That takes generations to build up and can be gone within a couple of months. If you don't understand that I have no time for you.
Hwen you should make a thread about dog recipes or something you dumb bastard. That might be where you shine idk.
What do you know about being popular on the Internet?

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:22 am

"popular" ;)