Star Trek Discovery

Speaker to Animals

Re: Star Trek Discovery

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:03 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I'd like you to try and present a unifying vision to Central/South Americans, and group them all together as a single culture. Shit would be hilarious.

I'd like to see you actually sit down one day and actually read a list of logical fallacies.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:04 pm

StCapps wrote:Do your projections include the falling birth rate of Latin Americans? Because, I'm not sure that they do, the Mexicans are nearly below replacement rate too, they ain't taking over shit long term unless they get that birth rate up, and the trend is moving the opposite direction on that one, throughout Latin America.

Somethings gotta give, expecting current immigration to continue forever with falling birth rates from the main sources of immigration, yeah probably not, doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

They only need the current US immigration policy to remain in force while themselves maintaining a higher fertility rate than us. That's not particularly difficult.

We are looking at half the western world getting overrun by more primitive people right now as we debate this. I am not sure who you guys think you are fooling. This happens in the other direction far more often than the more advanced civilizations colonizing the primitives.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:13 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:I'd like you to try and present a unifying vision to Central/South Americans, and group them all together as a single culture. Shit would be hilarious.

I'd like to see you actually sit down one day and actually read a list of logical fallacies.
I'd like you to start taking your medication again.

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:16 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Did Mongols wreck China?

Uh.. yeah, dude. Ghengis Khan alone killed more than 40 million people. He actually killed so many people, and destroyed so many cities, that he reduced the atmosphere's carbon levels.

How the fuck would they take over the US even after an EMP attack?

That wasn't the point. I didn't say North Korea would take over in the aftermath of an attack. You argued that our superior technological advantage gives us some slam-dunk advantage against less sophisticated people. I pointed out that, in fact, it takes much less sophisticated technology to wreck a civilization than it does to build it, and illustrated that EMP technology as one example. As an example of the United States coming to be dominated by a more primitive people, I present you the Mexicans. They are coming to take over the United States right now. By the middle of this century, the United States, at current immigration levels, is projected to become a member of Latin America. They don't even need to attack us to do it either. The same thing could happen in the context of interactions with extra-terrestrial civilizations as well.
Wrecked, they chased away the Yuan Dynasty fast. :character-oldtimer:

If the civbilization cannot be destroyed or long term reduced in status it is not wrecked.

Mexican culture is so attractive compared toie the vision of the Founders? Why?

They killed tens of millions of people and extinguished entire cities, bro. How is it that you don't even know your own history?
Back in those days that was called Tuesday.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:23 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote: Wrecked, they chased away the Yuan Dynasty fast. :character-oldtimer:

If the civbilization cannot be destroyed or long term reduced in status it is not wrecked.

Mexican culture is so attractive compared toie the vision of the Founders? Why?

They killed tens of millions of people and extinguished entire cities, bro. How is it that you don't even know your own history?

Not really. There was nothing quite like it until the rise of militant atheism in the 20th century.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:05 pm

*yip*

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:59 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:

Not really. There was nothing quite like it until the rise of militant atheism in the 20th century.
That jumps out to you. All the suffering under monarchs was great...

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:44 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote: Back in those days that was called Tuesday.

The atheist republics killed more than theistic monarchies, by comparison the latter were softies, so yeah of course the former would stand out, and so would Genghis Khan.
*yip*

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:26 am

It's amazing how little value is attributed to civilization in the west today. I guess it's all the guilt and self loathing we are constantly being bombarded with. The biggest victim gets most prestige, not those who actually contribute to society. Building civilization and keeping it together requires tremendous energy. Wrecking it is almost automatic.
The second law of thermodynamics is one of the most fundamental laws of nature, having profound implications. In essence, it says this:

The second law - The level of disorder in the universe is steadily increasing. Systems tend to move from ordered behavior to more random behavior.

One implication of the second law is that heat flows spontaneously from a hotter region to a cooler region, but will not flow spontaneously the other way. This applies to anything that flows: it will naturally flow downhill rather than uphill.

If you watched a film forwards and backwards, you would almost certainly be able to tell which way was which because of the way things happen. A pendulum will gradually lose energy and come to a stop, but it doesn't pick up energy spontaneously; an ice cube melts to form a puddle, but a puddle never spontaneously transforms itself into an ice cube; a glass falling off a table might shatter when it hits the ground, but the pieces will never spontaneously jump back together to form the glass again. Many processes are irreversible, and any irreversible process increases the level of disorder. One of the most important implications of the second law is that it indicates which way time goes - time naturally flows in a way that increases disorder.

The second law also predicts the end of the universe: it implies that the universe will end in a "heat death" in which everything is at the same temperature. This is the ultimate level of disorder; if everything is at the same temperature, no work can be done, and all the energy will end up as the random motion of atoms and molecules.
To uphold order and stability we need to work against the very fabric of the universe. We need to wrest it loose and struggle to keep it. Why people don't understand this reflexively is beyond me.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:29 am

StCapps wrote:
Hwen Hoshino wrote:

The atheist republics killed more than theistic monarchies, by comparison the latter were softies, so yeah of course the former would stand out, and so would Genghis Khan.
They became chill as fuck real quick while the others killed way mote in 2000 years. Both in terms of proportion of the population and by numbers.
Hastur wrote:It's amazing how little value is attributed to civilization in the west today. I guess it's all the guilt and self loathing we are constantly being bombarded with. The biggest victim gets most prestige, not those who actually contribute to society. Building civilization and keeping it together requires tremendous energy. Wrecking it is almost automatic.
What you mean?
There is no going back. No one will give up running water and the Internet...