Star Trek Discovery

Hwen Hoshino

Star Trek Discovery

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:33 pm

Let's see if this could be it's own thread and be self sustainning. I was pleasently surprised considering i expected bad.

Speaker to Animals

Re: Star Trek Discovery

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:47 pm

I wouldn't watch something like this.

I actively avoid social justice propaganda at this point, not just because it's stupid, but because it produces horrible art.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:52 pm

I expected bad, and got worse. Star Trek died with Enterprise, sadly.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:54 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I expected bad, and got worse. Star Trek died with Enterprise, sadly.
:naughty:
DS9
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:54 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I expected bad, and got worse. Star Trek died with Enterprise, sadly.

Enterprise is the one I liked most. Some of TNG was pretty good. But you really can do only so much with the Star Trek universe before it gets stupid fast.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:55 pm

C-Mag wrote:
DS9
Enterprise was a surprisingly good show. It didn't really take off until Season 2, but it finished VERY strong. Just have to skip the ridiculous theme song each time. No idea WTF they were thinking there.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:58 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:I wouldn't watch something like this.

I actively avoid social justice propaganda at this point, not just because it's stupid, but because it produces horrible art.
I would not call DS 9 horrible art and it never felt like propaganda. Also i would not say there is anything SJWy in Star Trek Discovery so far.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:01 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
DS9
Enterprise was a surprisingly good show. It didn't really take off until Season 2, but it finished VERY strong. Just have to skip the ridiculous theme song each time. No idea WTF they were thinking there.
I couldn't watch it because of quantam leap guy. He made even Shatner look like a great actor.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:07 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
DS9
1) DS9 finished airing before Enterprise started airing. So Star Trek died with Enterprise, for once GCF is right.
2) Enterprise was great in it's fourth season, a shame it was cancelled when it finally started to get good.
3) The Enterprise theme is so bad, it's good. I belt it out, ironically, for the laughs, if I'm not in public.
If you've never tried this, do it and try not to make yourself or someone else nearby laugh as you do so. I dare you, it can't be done, laughter always ensues if you put the actual effort in, that shit is just funny. Almost never gets old, even years later.

4) I don't know what to think of Discovery just yet, I see the potential for what could be the best Star Trek series since DS9, and I also see the potential for this to be the worst Star Trek series we've ever seen. Hopefully they go down the DS9 road and not the Voyager path, because it could go either way depending on which way they want to go with this. The original showrunner Bryan Fuller ducked out after the first three episodes, not exactly a great sign for any television series, if I had to guess, they'll probably fuck this up royally.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:18 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote: :naughty:
DS9
I couldn't watch it because of quantam leap guy. He made even Shatner look like a great actor.
He lacked that type of leader of badasses charisma. They should have made him a bit odd but very competent and less of a main character.