US Voting Qualifications Thread

GloryofGreece

Re: US Voting Qualifications Thread

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:50 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:I don't want to destroy this country. I don't think I have all or most the answers for our turmoil culturally and politically. I don't even see myself as Left on the political spectrum. I'm someone that believe in individual liberty, working on yourself instead of worrying about others (for the most part) and yes like I said reforming the corruption in federal politics especially.
You are framing it in the bogus political differences with which the media likes to frame our problems. From my perspective, there exists a sizable group of people in this country who object to the founding principles of the United States. They oppose the moral foundation of it too.

It's not like you have to be balls-in either. We watched Dan Carlin dip his toes and he was wading around in the degeneracy for a while, trying to splash it into our faces, but now that motherfucker is laying lifeless at the bottom of the deep end.

It seems to me that you could be maybe knee-deep in that shit right about now.
I've told you more than once I AGREE with most of what ive seen you post here and on the old DCF. I was there around 2014. How do you want me to "frame it"? Its a general metric the Statist -Freedom -Left-Right etc. I generally believe in less government control and more personal responsibility. Im not an anarchist and I believe American should have a national language.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:49 pm

I think GoG is one the younger guys here here, too.

I could be pretty dumb when I first came around this group about seven years ago.

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that he's still figuring it out.

If we followed Penner's lead, we'd outlaw roadside stops by police because there were times in the past when they were used to do bad things by bad people.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:12 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:I think GoG is one the younger guys here here, too.

I could be pretty dumb when I first came around this group about seven years ago.

If we followed Penner's lead, we'd outlaw roadside stops by police because there were times in the past when they were used to do bad things by bad people.
I am "figuring it out". Ill admit I was a liberal or considered myself one right out of high school and through most of college an early career years. But I've become more and more of a traditionalist. I don't know a better way of describing my core beliefs. I admire our Constitution and think it was/is a genuinely good set of laws and structure. I also like I said believe in an official national language and know it should be English. In fact I also believe we should have even more overt alliance / partnership with English speaking nations. I also believe in family values and personal responsibility. And in a lot of ways identify with Pat Buchanan as archaic as that may sound. And yes Im tired of the white guilt trip and song and dance done on the MSM.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:14 pm

Okay. I was wrong.

Penner

Post by Penner » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:36 pm

Being rational on a board full of people either on the Trump train or thinking that the sky is falling is so bad?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:36 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Okay. I was wrong.
You sonuvabitch.

Star Citizen is getting ready to launch interplanetary travel in the playable universe.
Doctor Strangelove wrote:There will be no Star Citizen
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:04 am

Penner wrote:
California wrote:
Penner wrote:
I hate to break it to you but once an upon a time we did have some form of tests in order to vote- in some places across America. Those laws are part of something, called Jim Crow Laws so the idea of having people "pass some kind of test" no matter how low the bar it, to vote is very much illegal in this country. Thanks to the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and also was finalized when some people tried to test it in court, the Supreme Court ruled (in 1970- Oregon vs. Mitchell) that any test (such as literacy test but the law does apply to any test in order to vote) is illegal in federal elections.
We realize that this is all illegal right now but this is a way of reforming our broken government. By disenfranchising those who don't contribute to the country in anyway besides living on redistributed confiscated earnings polices would be put in place that would hopefully counter the massive amount of waste in taxation and government.

Why do childless and landless people get fucked over in this government reform fantasy?
If you look at my ideas they don't. However, people who don't contribute to the government via taxes don't get to participate
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:07 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:Wouldn't marshal law just be enforced an any rioting cities that were anywhere near the level of say 1968/1969 be shut down by SWAT and National Guard if needed? I don't think most millennial boys and "men" have it in them for that much violence that swings back on them. They're to bored and just want to amuse themselves. Once the gloves are even partially off 90% aren't cut out for that life. You know it better than I do I'd assume since I think you've been in the military (and may have been in actual fight or two).

Think of the people on this forum who most oppose you. Note that they are all veterans. Recognize that pattern and follow it to it's logical conclusion.
I'm not a veteran
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:59 am

GloryofGreece wrote:

I am "figuring it out". Ill admit I was a liberal or considered myself one right out of high school and through most of college an early career years. But I've become more and more of a traditionalist. I don't know a better way of describing my core beliefs. I admire our Constitution and think it was/is a genuinely good set of laws and structure. I also like I said believe in an official national language and know it should be English. In fact I also believe we should have even more overt alliance / partnership with English speaking nations. I also believe in family values and personal responsibility. And in a lot of ways identify with Pat Buchanan as archaic as that may sound. And yes Im tired of the white guilt trip and song and dance done on the MSM.
I like the word "traditionalist"

Not as confusing to the tards as "classical liberal"

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:49 am