Mom's Basement

Speaker to Animals

Re: Mom's Basement

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:13 pm

A 3-year-old boy who was found alive in the woods of eastern North Carolina after he went missing for two days said he spent time with a bear.

Casey Hathaway disappeared last Tuesday. He had been playing with two other children in his grandmother's yard in Ernul, North Carolina, according to Craven County Sheriff Chip Hughes.

Thursday, Casey was found calling for his mother about a quarter of a mile away, 40 to 50 yards deep into woods. He was soaking wet, cold and tangled in thorn bushes. Hughes said rescuers waded through nearly waist-deep water to get to the toddler.

How did he get there, and how did he stay alive?

"He hung out with a bear for two days," is what his aunt Breanna Hathaway shared in a now-private Facebook post. She didn't say whether the bear was real or imagined.

His aunt called her nephew's safety a "miracle" and said, "God sent him a friend to keep him safe."

Casey's mother gave authorities the same report, that he had a friend in the woods that was a bear, Sheriff Hughes told USA TODAY.

Hughes said bears are common in the area, but he thought the comment was more "cute" than factual.

In an update on Casey's case, the Craven County Sheriff's Office shared a photo of Casey alongside a photo of a bear with a Bible verse from Matthew 18: "He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them." The investigation into his disappearance is ongoing, but there were no signs of an abduction.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 698729002/

Pro tip to Yankee journalists: the bears in North Carolina were hibernating and, even if the child woke one up, it was most likely to either run or maul the child.

On the other hand.. what does seem to migrate through here each year tends to have big feet. And these things are recorded as very often abducting children.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:51 am

Interesting.
Highly unlikely a 3 year old could avoid hypothermia in winter weather alone.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:56 am

It's a changeling. Typical MO.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:20 am

Hastur wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:56 am
I know changelings are rooted in Scandinavian tradition, and I have an understanding of what they are, but I've never had them related by a Scandinavian. I'm curious to get your description of changelings.
PLATA O PLOMO

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:27 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:20 am
Hastur wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:56 am
I know changelings are rooted in Scandinavian tradition, and I have an understanding of what they are, but I've never had them related by a Scandinavian. I'm curious to get your description of changelings.
Trolls want to have human children. They aren't as strong but they have certain advantages like being able to handle iron. So if they get a chance they will snatch a human baby. In order not to arise suspicion they leave one of their own brood instead to be raised as a human. That is the changeling. Unruly children used to be called changelings. Now we just say they have ADHD.

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:55 am

Signs that someone might be at least partly a troll

Smooth philtrum
Attached earlobes
Connected eyebrows
Long or sharp canines
Hair on the lower back. (or a stub where the tail used to be)

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:39 am

I could make a series of posts about different creatures from Swedish folklore if you are interested.

Let's start with Gloson. (staring sow or perhaps glowing sow)

It's a big wild boar with glowing red eyes and razor sharp bristles on her back. If you meet her she might try to run between your legs and cut you in two halves, so if you see two red glowing eyes in the forest at night you should cross our legs and stand still until they go away.

If you meet her while performing årsgång you should sacrifice three apples or the last three ears of corn from the harvest.

She is believed to live in cairns or graveyards and sharpens her back on the tombstones. Sometimes she's been seen with a small rider with a red cap. She is most commonly encountered in places where small children have died.

Naturally, there's a Swedish metal band by the name.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:10 am

I had a pretty good handle on the general explanation of Changelings, this below is the type of more detailed stuff that is fun to know about.
Hastur wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:55 am
Signs that someone might be at least partly a troll

Smooth philtrum
Attached earlobes
Connected eyebrows
Long or sharp canines
Hair on the lower back. (or a stub where the tail used to be)
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:17 am

Hastur wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:39 am
I could make a series of posts about different creatures from Swedish folklore if you are interested.

It's a big wild boar with glowing red eyes and razor sharp bristles on her back. If you meet her she might try to run between your legs and cut you in two halves, so if you see two red glowing eyes in the forest at night you should cross our legs and stand still until they go away.

If you meet her while performing årsgång you should sacrifice three apples or the last three ears of corn from the harvest.

She is believed to live in cairns or graveyards and sharpens her back on the tombstones. Sometimes she's been seen with a small rider with a red cap. She is most commonly encountered in places where small children have died.

Yes, please do, I enjoy Folklore.

Is there any relationship between Gloson and Freyr's boar Golden Bristles ?
Is there any explanation of why she is seen where children have died ? Is that just some maternal meaning?
PLATA O PLOMO

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:39 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:17 am
Hastur wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:39 am

Yes, please do, I enjoy Folklore.

Is there any relationship between Gloson and Freyr's boar Golden Bristles ?
Is there any explanation of why she is seen where children have died ? Is that just some maternal meaning?
Gloson is believed to be connected to Gullinbursti. No one knows for sure. The belief that she is often seen where children recently have died is strongest in Skåne where Gloson isn't always gendered as female. That suggests that it's not a maternal thing. I would sort it under the category "misfortune seldom comes alone".