Anyone else expects the new Disney Star Wars canon to be discarded?

Speaker to Animals

Re: Anyone else expects the new Disney Star Wars canon to be discarded?

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:00 am

They should have left Star Wars with the first three movies. No remakes. No remastering. No CGI. Fuck off.

Now it's tainted. People hate it because it's like a loved one was mutated into a zombie orc feminist that eats babies and shits on your couch.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:29 pm

Maos Little Red Book printed over a billion copies. Thats all that matters. Hating on it is some edgelord shit. :lol:
Shikata ga nai

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:31 pm

heydaralon wrote:Maos Little Red Book printed over a billion copies. Thats all that matters. Hating on it is some edgelord shit. :lol:
But does it bring those millions joy like Star Wars does?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:41 pm

California wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Maos Little Red Book printed over a billion copies. Thats all that matters. Hating on it is some edgelord shit. :lol:
But does it bring those millions joy like Star Wars does?
Disney Star Wars brings me misery. Minus Rebels.

katarn

Post by katarn » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:42 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:They should have left Star Wars with the first three movies. No remakes. No remastering. No CGI. Fuck off.

Now it's tainted. People hate it because it's like a loved one was mutated into a zombie orc feminist that eats babies and shits on your couch.
Probably right, at least with the way the prequels turned out. Wasn't a bad idea in theory.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:54 pm

katarn wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:They should have left Star Wars with the first three movies. No remakes. No remastering. No CGI. Fuck off.

Probably right, at least with the way the prequels turned out. Wasn't a bad idea in theory.

Using hydrogen gas to lift a giant passenger airship wasn't a bad idea in theory either.

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:55 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:For the time, the originals were pretty good. But they don't hold up well, story-wise.

My problem with all these garbage films is that there are some really fucking awesome SF novels we could translate to film.

But then, they'd probably fuck that up too like they did to Ender's Game.

If we are going to reboot something, we should reboot Ice Pirates. Use it to poke fun at liberals and SJWs.
Did they ever make Neuromancer into a movie? Honestly most of the themes of that book have already been explored on film in one way or another, so it would probably feel cliched at his point idk.

I have heard that they are planning on making it a movie and that Tim Miller is going to be working on it as well:
Deadpool director Tim Miller's busy schedule is getting a little busier.

Miller will direct an adaptation of the 1984 sci-fi novel Neuromancer for Fox, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Longtime X-Men producer Simon Kinberg will produce the film. A writer has not yet been set.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ox-1028185

katarn

Post by katarn » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:21 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
katarn wrote:

Using hydrogen gas to lift a giant passenger airship wasn't a bad idea in theory either.
True. And if they kept flames away, it worked. If they kept mediocre writers like Lucas proved to be with a lot of it, it might have worked better too.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:31 am

Penner wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:For the time, the originals were pretty good. But they don't hold up well, story-wise.

My problem with all these garbage films is that there are some really fucking awesome SF novels we could translate to film.

But then, they'd probably fuck that up too like they did to Ender's Game.

If we are going to reboot something, we should reboot Ice Pirates. Use it to poke fun at liberals and SJWs.
Did they ever make Neuromancer into a movie? Honestly most of the themes of that book have already been explored on film in one way or another, so it would probably feel cliched at his point idk.

I have heard that they are planning on making it a movie and that Tim Miller is going to be working on it as well:
Deadpool director Tim Miller's busy schedule is getting a little busier.

Miller will direct an adaptation of the 1984 sci-fi novel Neuromancer for Fox, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Longtime X-Men producer Simon Kinberg will produce the film. A writer has not yet been set.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ox-1028185
Deadpool sucked, so there is a 99% chance that the Neuromancer movie will as well. I don't know how many people tried to convince me that Deadpool was a game changer, but I watched it and it was just a cookie cutter piece of shit comic book CGI fest, with slightly more self deprecation. If you want to convince a bunch of bozos to get on board with a super hero movie, just add a few f-words, and some blood. They will be too dumb to understand that its literally identical to everything else thats been in theaters for the last 15 years. R rated superhero movies are still shit.
I did like the book back in the day, so hopefully they won't completely butcher it.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:56 am

Baxter's and Clark's Time's Eye would make for a good movie because it synthesizes some near-future SF with the ultimate alt-history battle between Alexander and Genghis Khan. It has European astronauts and British colonial troops (including Rudyard Kipling) marching with the Macedonian army against Genghis' army with an American astronaut helping him and imprisoning her former Russian cosmonaut friends. Which is cool, I guess. They both are huge English gays, so it's no wonder they'd malign us. But the story is still great.