Anyone else expects the new Disney Star Wars canon to be discarded?

Okeefenokee

Re: Anyone else expects the new Disney Star Wars canon to be discarded?

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:38 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:For the time, the originals were pretty good. But they don't hold up well, story-wise.

My problem with all these garbage films is that there are some really fucking awesome SF novels we could translate to film.

But then, they'd probably fuck that up too like they did to Ender's Game.

If we are going to reboot something, we should reboot Ice Pirates. Use it to poke fun at liberals and SJWs.
Reading this right now.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:39 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:For the time, the originals were pretty good. But they don't hold up well, story-wise.

My problem with all these garbage films is that there are some really fucking awesome SF novels we could translate to film.

If we are going to reboot something, we should reboot Ice Pirates. Use it to poke fun at liberals and SJWs.
Reading this right now.

Bean FTW
“O my son Absalom,” Bean said softly, knowing for the first time the kind of anguish that could tear such words from a man’s mouth. “my son, my son Absalom. Would God I could die for thee, O Absalom, my son. My sons!”

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:20 pm

I would like to see another comic book movie, but this time it should explore batman's origin story. I still don't think they've explained well how batman's parents were killed at the theater. Maybe they could make it dark and CGI heavy too!
Shikata ga nai

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:27 pm

What about Time Bandits? Or you know what Mel Brooks should make a sequel to Spaceballs.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:28 pm

Penner wrote:

What about Time Bandits? Or you know what Mel Brooks should make a sequel to Spaceballs.

I'm more partial to Brazil myself, but Time bandits is indeed a classic.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:31 pm

Did they ever make Neuromancer into a movie? Honestly most of the themes of that book have already been explored on film in one way or another, so it would probably feel cliched at his point idk.
Shikata ga nai

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:33 pm

Thanks to Episode 7 we could be getting a Spaceball 2 movie:
We don't think it'll be titled Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money, but there's a not-so-ludicrous chance that Mel Brooks' epic Star Wars parody will be getting a sequel over 30 years after the original film brought the power of the Schwartz into theaters.

While hosting a screening of another of his classic parodies, Young Frankenstein, Brooks was asked by an audience member about the possibility of a Spaceballs sequel. Here's what he had to say:
“MGM is slightly interested in doing it because of Star Wars Rogue One and The Force Awakens and the new Star Wars explosion," he responded to cheers from the audience. "So they think maybe, so we’re talking, who knows.”
https://www.maxim.com/entertainment/mel ... s-2-2017-5

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:34 pm

heydaralon wrote:Its easy to shit on the prequels, but the original trilogy was terrible too. Terrible in different ways and for different reasons, but people often lose sight of that. There's no reason anyone over 12 should be within 500 yards of anything star wars related. Grow the fuck up.
Over 12.

I could go on...

Plenty enjoyable for adults.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:43 am

Hating on Star Wars is Edgelord shit

Star Wars, in all forms, makes millions happy and trillions of dollars. That's all that matters

And movies based on books rarely turns out like we want it to. Would I love a whole canon of movies of the Hyperion Cantos? Absolutely, but Hollywood would ruin it
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:09 am

California wrote:Hating on Star Wars is Edgelord shit

Star Wars, in all forms, makes millions happy and trillions of dollars. That's all that matters

And movies based on books rarely turns out like we want it to. Would I love a whole canon of movies of the Hyperion Cantos? Absolutely, but Hollywood would ruin it
Hating on Star Wars is understandable. A certain style of hating is annoying.

Star Wars could have existed in a creative paradise under Lucas with no studio pressure. But of course he had to be a mediocre filmmaker.