Pro socilaist movies...

BjornP

Re: Pro socilaist movies...

Post by BjornP » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:27 am

It is science fiction if the Inquisition decrees it is such. :pray:
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:06 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Triggered.

Ok, fuckstain. Does science fiction relate only to near-future, grimy war-torn dystopic fiction?

How many social issues were tackled by Star Wars/BSG compared to Star Trek? They did some (admittedly shallow) philosophical issues on almost every episode. Abrams came along, dumbed it down to drooling fuckwit boom screen time, and you call it the pinnacle of the series?

Why not just admit that you're simply incapable of grasping what Star Trek is about in the first place? It was never about the damn ship, transporter beams, or any of that. It was about people, man... People. You could have set it on a 15th century sailing ship, visiting various island tribes and had the same show (damn, that's a good idea :think:)
BSG tackled plenty of social issues. I have no idea what you are talking about.

The people? There was no need for it to be Utopian to be good.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:38 pm

I'm glad that some people on here hate Star Wars and Star Trek as much as I do! When I was in elementary school I read these star wars books that took place after Return of the Jedi. They were looking for the glove of Darth Vader, and this dude was claiming to be Darth Vader's grandson had a third eye. There was also this guy named Zorba who was Jabba's cousin or something with dreadlocks. These books were pretty terrible but quite frankly they ran circles around the piece of shit movies.
Shikata ga nai

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:16 am

heydaralon wrote:I'm glad that some people on here hate Star Wars and Star Trek as much as I do! When I was in elementary school I read these star wars books that took place after Return of the Jedi. They were looking for the glove of Darth Vader, and this dude was claiming to be Darth Vader's grandson had a third eye. There was also this guy named Zorba who was Jabba's cousin or something with dreadlocks. These books were pretty terrible but quite frankly they ran circles around the piece of shit movies.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_Prince

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:53 am

heydaralon wrote:I'm glad that some people on here hate Star Wars and Star Trek as much as I do! When I was in elementary school I read these star wars books that took place after Return of the Jedi. They were looking for the glove of Darth Vader, and this dude was claiming to be Darth Vader's grandson had a third eye. There was also this guy named Zorba who was Jabba's cousin or something with dreadlocks. These books were pretty terrible but quite frankly they ran circles around the piece of shit movies.
As noted before, the books by Timothy Zahn are excellent. The one you're talking was pretty terrible I agree.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0