Good Cop, Bad Cop: Law Enforcement Thread

C-Mag

Re: Good Cop, Bad Cop: Law Enforcement Thread

Post by C-Mag » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:23 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:10 am
C-Mag wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:05 pm
Cop goes to senior citizens home to help him. Shoots the citizen 4 times through the mans front window.

Watch the video, the citizen is like, WTF, you come to my home after dark and shoot me.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/gr ... E2e_OtUnr8
Yet another good reason not to use a ‘medical app’ on your phone.
Not familiar with those...……..... fill me in.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:27 pm

Fife wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:33 am
pineapplemike wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:07 am
gotta love it when your hometown makes national news
Is Lancaster more like LA or Bakersfield?
I don't know the answer, but not gonna miss an opportunity to drop the needle.
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:37 am

LAPD cop shoots a family of three inside a Southern California Costco
“After hearing Officer Sanchez identify himself as a police officer, I begged and told him not to shoot,” Russell French said. “I said, ‘We have no guns, and my son is sick.’ He still shot. I thought people don’t do that.”
And his wife said the same.
"I told Officer Sanchez not to shoot twice, I even said please," Paola French said. "I was pleading for our son and our lives. I was still shot in the back. What threat did I pose to him?"...…………………….

Not only has a judge barred the release of the surveillance video that captured the shooting for at least a year, police and prosecutors have clamped down on the release on all information related to the investigation of Salvador Sanchez, the Los Angeles police officer who killed Ken French.

https://newsmaven.io/pinacnews/eye-on-g ... cOi1APjEA/
It's going to take more than a year for them to get their story straight on this one.
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:06 am

This is what happens when judges constantly give out instructions to jurors to treat cops differently from anybody else. A cop, whether on duty or not, has the same self-defense rights as anybody else. Their only additional role is to restrain people in lawful arrests, and if that person becomes violent, *then* they are still acting in their self-defense right.

Nobody gets this kind of protection outside the corrupt government. This is why so many Americans want to just burn the entire system to the ground. If you shoot somebody, even if your life was threatened, you are going to have a really hard time with the legal system. It's going to cost you a lot. But these guys do it and it's like nothing happened. The system operates to justify them after the fact.

The fact that they are terrified of even releasing the video indicates they are covering up for this guy. They would never hide video footage from the public if it vindicated the cop.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:35 am

It's remarkable that we've arrived at a two tier justice system. More remarkable that there is no outrage over it. The only real outrage is if the person killed is black. Whether it's Jim Comey not getting prosecuted for his crimes or this nobody cop, it's the same. Qualified Immunity needs to go.

We keep getting told it's a few bad apples and the bulk of Law Enforcement are really good public servants. :?
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:39 am

One thing that really is getting on my nerves lately has to do with people in cop culture referring to everybody else as civilians

Unless you are on active duty, you are a civilian. Cops included. If you are working in the capacity of a cop, you are by definition a fucking civilian.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:44 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:39 am
One thing that really is getting on my nerves lately has to do with people in cop culture referring to everybody else as civilians

Unless you are on active duty, you are a civilian. Cops included. If you are working in the capacity of a cop, you are by definition a fucking civilian.
Agreed.

If you can't fire your cops, you'll eventually have to fire upon the cops.
PLATA O PLOMO

Otern

Post by Otern » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:06 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:39 am

Same thing here. It's just so damn irritating when the cops here refer to the public as civilians when they're trying to justify grabbing more power. Especially when it's fucking written in law here that the police are civilians, and shall maintain a civilian character.

Anyway, anyone got any good statistics on police use of hollow points and fmj?
I'm trying to find a good data set to determine if the use of hollow points have increased the fatality of police use of force or not. Can find something about Norwegian cops use of weapons, but the numbers are so low it's not possible to draw any concrete conclusions. More people die now in each police shooting than before hollow points, but it might be a statistical fluke, since small numbers can make a large difference here.
The police here are using the argument that it reduces the risk of overpenetration and therefore reduces the risk of hitting bystanders. Fair enough, but I really can't find any good data on how big that risk really was. Seems like there's a much higher risk that a cop will miss, and hit an innocent bystander, than a bullet passing through a criminal, and then hit an innocent bystander. Which negates the point they're using. It has never happened in Norway that people got hit by a pass through, even before hollow points. And it seems rare as fuck in the US, even though you have much more data.

What I've found so far is Norwegian police statistics between 2002 and late 2017. The police got expanding ammunition in the middle of 2014. Between 2002-2013, 18 people were shot and injured, while 2 people were shot and killed by the police. Giving a dead to injured ratio of 0,111. Between 2015 and 2017, 5 injured and 2 killed, giving a ratio of 0,4. It's a huge increase in lethality, but since the numbers are so low already, it might be a fluke. Can't really draw the conclusion that the change in ammunition is the cause of the increased deaths, but it's indicating that it might be the case.

It's a whole other issue about hollow points being more effective at stopping someone. The Norwegian police aren't using that argument. It just sounds like they're lying about "the good of the public" to get a more effective man-stopper.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:29 am

The system helps cover up the crimes of cops, who knew?
*yip*

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:43 pm

Why would anyone voluntarily place their children in a government school/prison facility, even for a moment?

Cops Claim They Had to Smash Innocent Autistic Teen’s Head Into Concrete to “Protect Her”

Riverside County, CA — Michelle Chartrand is a 19-year-old woman with autism who has never harmed a fly, much less committed a crime. However, because police officers opt for training in escalation of violence instead of how to interact with special needs individuals, she fell victim to police brutality and was treated like a murder suspect. As she walked home from school last year, Chartrand was attacked by police, tackled to the ground, and injured—by police who claim they were trying to save her.
They found a lawyer willing to file a suit, which will last until the water gets hot on the motion to dismiss based on qualified immunity.