Money for kids

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Money for kids

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:30 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:There is exactly a zero chance that I'd support them going into the military, unless some pretty radical changes occur in the next two decades. Especially based on some weak interpretation of puritanical work ethic.

I'm all about work ethic and success, but also working smarter, not going the long way because "you should".
Yeah, I knew you wouldn't go for it. If there's anything we've learned about you, it's that you ain't the working for it type.
Working simply for the sake of working? :lol: no.
Keep your hamster wheel shiny.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:26 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:There is exactly a zero chance that I'd support them going into the military, unless some pretty radical changes occur in the next two decades. Especially based on some weak interpretation of puritanical work ethic.

I'm all about work ethic and success, but also working smarter, not going the long way because "you should".
Yeah, I knew you wouldn't go for it. If there's anything we've learned about you, it's that you ain't the working for it type.
My goal in life is to earn the most money for the least amount of work possible. I'm succeeding in that goal right now, but some latent Puritan work ethic has me feeling guilty even though my superiors continue to tell me how well I'm doing and what an integral part of the department I am.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:19 am

California wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
My goal in life is to earn the most money for the least amount of work possible. I'm succeeding in that goal right now, but some latent Puritan work ethic has me feeling guilty even though my superiors continue to tell me how well I'm doing and what an integral part of the department I am.
Im actually experiencing a bit of that. The ratio of misery to money is way too low at this job. :)

I'm making up for it at home though, in spades. If I feel the need to work hard at something, I weed my garden, and manage the house.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0