Money for kids

SuburbanFarmer

Money for kids

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:03 pm

I'm a bit conflicted on what to do with money sent from relatives on the birth of my kids.

I know that inflation isn't going anywhere, and savings accounts don't really pay interest. Diesbt it make more sense to spend it now on things that would otherwise be financed with interest, benefiting the family as a whole?

Doesn't feel right, but I think it's the logical choice...Just have to convince their mother.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

heydaralon

Re: Money for kids

Post by heydaralon » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:10 pm

You should create a reddit account for your kids and start posting and then gild the comments. That way, when your kids turn 18 they will have a lot of reddit gold, and they will be able to put that on a resume or college application.
Shikata ga nai

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:14 pm

Buy baby supplies in bulk.

Diapers, wipes. Formula if you're using it. Just stock the hell up, if you haven't already.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:18 pm

GCF:

You should use the money to get your kids an iphone 6! That way, when they turn 18, they will have a brand new in-the-box iphone 6!
Shikata ga nai

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:20 pm

Money given to kids throughout their lifetime belongs to them. I put the kids' money into UGMA/UTMA investment accounts. It paid for part of their college education. One kid will even have a nice chunk of change left over. Ethics aside and just being practical, they will need that money much more later than you need it now.
:royalty-queen:

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:00 pm

MilSpecs wrote:Money given to kids throughout their lifetime belongs to them. I put the kids' money into UGMA/UTMA investment accounts. It paid for part of their college education. One kid will even have a nice chunk of change left over. Ethics aside and just being practical, they will need that money much more later than you need it now.
Time value of money works wonders when left unmolested

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:06 pm

Invest in soft metals.
Gold, Silver, Lead
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:16 pm

Blockbuster stock.
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:25 pm

MilSpecs wrote:Money given to kids throughout their lifetime belongs to them. I put the kids' money into UGMA/UTMA investment accounts. It paid for part of their college education. One kid will even have a nice chunk of change left over. Ethics aside and just being practical, they will need that money much more later than you need it now.
Interesting. How do you set those up?

Also, I'm not certain that any amount of financial investment is going to outweigh inflation, or the impact of interest on our upcoming minivan purchase, but I'll listen to any educated opinions.

@okee - we have enough supply for 3 more kids ATM. ;)
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:30 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Interesting. How do you set those up?

Also, I'm not certain that any amount of financial investment is going to outweigh inflation, or the impact of interest on our upcoming minivan purchase, but I'll listen to any educated opinions.

@okee - we have enough supply for 3 more kids ATM. ;)
Yeah take milspecs stupid idea but don't listen to my good ones. Nice, man. Nice.
Shikata ga nai