Who Does The Walmart's Existence Serve?

Okeefenokee

Re: Who Does The Walmart's Existence Serve?

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:29 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:guess this can go here,

What an impressive series of logical fallacies.
you don't have, and never will have, the chops to challenge that man.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:34 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:guess this can go here,

I don't need to. He made a series of emotional appeals, straw men, and virtue signals to tell me that I'm being selfish. There's no argument to be had here.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:41 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
I don't need to. He made a series of emotional appeals, straw men, and virtue signals to tell me that I'm being selfish. There's no argument to be had here.
vote now, folks.

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=2328
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:43 pm

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:12 pm

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:18 am

Okeefenokee wrote:

TS told that old racist hag to take a hike. :goteam:

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:19 am

A quick aside (sort of): Since this is the Walmart thread and all.... I didn't want this pic to go to waste. Some of you might find a good use for it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... lmart.html

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:59 am

The federal city is your mortal enemy, but city hall ain't no bargain, either.

From the based Tanvi:

The Dollar Store Backlash Has Begun
It has become an increasingly common story: A dollar store opens up in an economically depressed area with scarce healthy and affordable food options, sometimes with the help of local tax incentives. It advertises hard-to-beat low prices but it offers little in terms of fresh produce and nutritious items—further trapping residents in a cycle of poverty and ill-health.

. . .

Dollar stores have succeeded in part by capitalizing on a series of powerful economic and social forces—white flight, the recent recession, the so-called “retail apocalypse”—all of which have opened up gaping holes in food access. But while dollar store might not be causing these inequalities per se, they appear to be perpetuating them. The savings they claim to offer shoppers in the communities they move to makes them, in some ways, a little poorer.

. . .

As Lawrence Brown, a community health expert at Baltimore’s Morgan State University, tweeted in response to the ILSR report, dollar stores function as “subprime groceries.” And recently some local governments have started pushing back on these retailers, rejecting development at the neighborhood level or devising ordinances that seek to limit their spread in certain areas.

Such moves can be divisive—detractors point to the dire need such stores are meeting in retail-starved areas. But the rise of dollar stores represents a deeper problem, one rooted in the history of housing segregation. Addressing that issue requires questioning the host of complicated assumptions that have led to the present conditions—and the myriad ways residents in so-called food deserts have responded to them.

. . .

“Communities are standing up and raising red flags—saying it may be good in the short term, but perhaps not in the long term,” Donahue said. ”[They’re] saying, ‘Hey, is this is the only option, or can we think more creatively?’” [ :lol: ]
This is the thread for you Sowell haters. Jump in here and dog-pile the DG.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:20 am

DG and Walmart are effects, not causes.

Decades of absurd subsidization and lack of regulation on the food industry have led to disgusting chemical soups being sold as “nutrition” to millions of Americans.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:27 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:20 am
DG and Walmart are effects, not causes.

Decades of absurd subsidization and lack of regulation on the food industry have led to disgusting chemical soups being sold as “nutrition” to millions of Americans.
I agree. Its sad really and I don't know what a realistic practical solution is now moving forward.
The good, the true, & the beautiful