Who Does The Walmart's Existence Serve?

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Who Does The Walmart's Existence Serve?

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:25 pm

Because they destroyed the rest of them, thanks to helpful tax incentives and lobbying.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:27 pm

They didn't destroy the jobs. The took the jobs when they captured the market share.

If you want to kill Walmart, then kill the globalist trade deals. That's the source of it.

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:58 pm

DBTrek wrote:You can't kill WalMart without also killing the biggest employer in the United States.

So it's a bit of a quandry, isn't it?
You want to punish Walmart and take them down, but you can't do it without taking down the largest employer of working poor in our nation. Do you really hate Walmart that much? Enough to force more Americans into unemployment than any other corporate target you could choose?

Seems like reform might be a better answer than annihilation.
Walmart's existence serves more working families than any other employer in the land, even if that existence is at the lower end of the economic spectrum.
What reforms are most prudent?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:26 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:They didn't destroy the jobs. The took the jobs when they captured the market share.

If you want to kill Walmart, then kill the globalist trade deals. That's the source of it.
Why don't you go ahead and connect those dots for me.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:53 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:The butcher shop does that and yes it's sad I have to drive an hour and a half to go to an actual polack butcher shop
This is why supermarket chains must die.
Exactly. I'm very fortunate to live within 20 minutes of a legit butcher shop. I suspect that many more people do, but don't even realize it.

Super-chains are the reason that American food is 'samey' and bland. They are the reason that I can't get really good ethnic/specialty food anywhere. And they are the reason that millions of people don't work in mom/pop shops, but are condemned to corporate and welfare slavery.
Well, if you want an authentic ethnic dish, Wal Mart has a Goya section. Very tasty and 100% the real deal. They also have an authentic American section where they sell frozen corn dogs and tyson chicken patties.
Shikata ga nai

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:20 am

Fife wrote:What reforms are most prudent?
Removing any Federal or State legislation that gives Walmart an anti-competitive edge over small business.
I've heard, anecdotally, that Walmart gets special tax breaks or even exemption from local taxes in some states, and if this is true it should stop.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:26 am

DBTrek wrote:
Fife wrote:What reforms are most prudent?
Removing any Federal or State legislation that gives Walmart an anti-competitive edge over small business.
I've heard, anecdotally, that Walmart gets special tax breaks or even exemption from local taxes in some states, and if this is true it should stop.
I agree 100% on all of that--as a start.

There is a small municipality in middle Tennessee I am familiar with that granted some insane tax offers and an essentially free option on some very valuable real property to the Walmart a few years ago in the hope of beating out the neighboring town for a new Supercenter to go in near one of our GM plants. The willingness of city governments to sell out their citizens and taxpayers to play giveaway is pretty sad.

apeman

Post by apeman » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:33 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Literally zero other parking lot owners invest in proper shade trees. I think they do it on purpose and what's more, I suspect it's because they are owned by chinamen that have a superstition regarding trees and chop them down.
This is hilarious.

Sounds like a line cut from The Big Lebowski

apeman

Post by apeman » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:41 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Super-chains . . . are the reason that I can't get really good ethnic/specialty food anywhere.
Could also be that you live in Ohio.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:49 am

apeman wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Super-chains . . . are the reason that I can't get really good ethnic/specialty food anywhere.
Could also be that you live in Ohio.
It's much harder here, than it was in Florida. But from what I've seen of America, there is no town without a McDonald's, Wal-mart, Marathon/7-11 station, and either a Domino's or Pizza Hut. All using the exact same ingredients, from the exact same bags, from the exact same factories.

Florida had a couple of genuine Mexican joints around, and even the touristy places had something spicy on the menu. Ohio seems content with "our version" of whatever ethnic food they feel like imitating. Chicago, Texas, even Connecticut have their own developed local cuisine.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace