Who Does The Walmart's Existence Serve?

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Who Does The Walmart's Existence Serve?

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:43 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:The butcher shop does that and yes it's sad I have to drive an hour and a half to go to an actual polack butcher shop
This is why supermarket chains must die.
Exactly. I'm very fortunate to live within 20 minutes of a legit butcher shop. I suspect that many more people do, but don't even realize it.

Super-chains are the reason that American food is 'samey' and bland. They are the reason that I can't get really good ethnic/specialty food anywhere. And they are the reason that millions of people don't work in mom/pop shops, but are condemned to corporate and welfare slavery.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:46 pm

Stop quoting me faggot

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:53 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Stop quoting me faggot
Die in a fire, goofball. :)

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:20 pm

The Hispanics have a butcher down the road. I have wondered about it, but am not sure I want to risk it.

I just stick with the Ingles butcher.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:59 pm

It's fine but they have no concept of choice cuts. Or anything else really. It's all just chopped meat and some of it like cow face or pig head is kind of a unique expertise.

Good place to get chicken feet though

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:00 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:It's fine but they have no concept of choice cuts. Or anything else really. It's all just chopped meat and some of it like cow face or pig head is kind of a unique expertise.

Good place to get chicken feet though
Yeah, I'd like to try some of that stuff, but I'm not daring enough to cook it.

With the right spices, you can make a dish out of anything.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:03 pm

Don't take nothing to cook cow cheek. Pull it out and warm it up. Throw it in a corn tortilla with some peppers. Done. And it's great tbh. But really I believe they do the brisket treatment with it. It falls right apart, great

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:24 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:The butcher shop does that and yes it's sad I have to drive an hour and a half to go to an actual polack butcher shop
This is why supermarket chains must die.
Exactly. I'm very fortunate to live within 20 minutes of a legit butcher shop. I suspect that many more people do, but don't even realize it.

Super-chains are the reason that American food is 'samey' and bland. They are the reason that I can't get really good ethnic/specialty food anywhere. And they are the reason that millions of people don't work in mom/pop shops, but are condemned to corporate and welfare slavery.
They drive down the prices they pay farmers to the point there's barely a profit left to be made. Smaller grocers just don't have the buying power to compete so they have to charge more.
I wish our food markets were like those on the continent. France still has a strong tradition of outdoor markets selling local produce. The village my house is in has a huge market once a month there's a stall selling 30 different types of shallot next to one with as many kinds of garlic. It is claimed to be the largest outdoor market in France, in the Summer it attracts 10,000 people. It's an opportunity to buy straight from the producer and there are markets everywhere so with a bit of effort you could completely stop using the Supermarche. Can't get that kind of choice here anymore.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:28 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Don't take nothing to cook cow cheek. Pull it out and warm it up. Throw it in a corn tortilla with some peppers. Done. And it's great tbh. But really I believe they do the brisket treatment with it. It falls right apart, great
The cheek is pretty much the best bit of any animal. Expensive luxury these days.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:46 pm

You can't kill WalMart without also killing the biggest employer in the United States.

So it's a bit of a quandry, isn't it?
You want to punish Walmart and take them down, but you can't do it without taking down the largest employer of working poor in our nation. Do you really hate Walmart that much? Enough to force more Americans into unemployment than any other corporate target you could choose?

Seems like reform might be a better answer than annihilation.
Walmart's existence serves more working families than any other employer in the land, even if that existence is at the lower end of the economic spectrum.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"