Diabetes

Martin Hash

Diabetes

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:44 am

This podcast doesn't come out for several months but I thought I'd share it with you guys now:
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Fife

Re: Diabetes

Post by Fife » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:53 am

End all the corn and sugar subsidies.

In fact, end all the ag subsidies.

What this country needs is a heavy dose of whole, natural protein and animal fat.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:55 am

I am pretty sure the kind of diabetes you get from obesity can be cured. I have read people doing just that by losing weight and fixing their diet.

Just cutting out refined sugar and limiting calories would go a long way.

This woman lost more fat than my total body weight in 18 months:

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/wp-content ... INLINE.jpg

HarryK

Post by HarryK » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:33 pm

It depends. Usually a diabetic has more than one morbid condition (hypertension, morbid obesity, hyperlipidemia) so treating the other maladies along with A1C management can ease the disease process but there isn’t a cure yet.

Also diabetic neuropathy, diabetic retinopathy, diabetic ulcerative diseases are on the rise. Synthetic insulin has made some improvements and it would be nice if more patients adhere to the Dr’s course of treatment.
One only wonders how much time has been wasted being the “armchair quarterbacks” of the world. Only to know deep down inside we don’t have the stones to actually make it happen.
HarryK

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:35 pm

Fife wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:53 am

What this country needs is a heavy dose of whole, natural protein and animal fat.
If we didn't have roads, no one would be eating all this corn and sugar :P
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:38 pm

This is a problem of over abundance and sedentary.
Until those two factor change, we can't move the needle much on this.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:43 pm

They just need to lose the weight, get fitter, and stop consuming sugar, alcohol and refined carbs.

Of course they have all sorts of shit going wrong. When you get fat, all sorts of shit is gone wrong in your body. People are probably poisoning themselves every day with shit food and alcohol. Their metabolism is fucked. They are completely insulin-resistant.

You have to turn that shit around. The moment you realize you have a belly you should know something is really fucking wrong with you. You have to fix that.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:01 pm

Fife wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:53 am

This.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:33 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:43 pm
They just need to lose the weight, get fitter, and stop consuming sugar, alcohol and refined carbs.

Of course they have all sorts of shit going wrong. When you get fat, all sorts of shit is gone wrong in your body. People are probably poisoning themselves every day with shit food and alcohol. Their metabolism is fucked. They are completely insulin-resistant.

You have to turn that shit around. The moment you realize you have a belly you should know something is really fucking wrong with you. You have to fix that.
Not everyone fits into this convenient box. I wasn't diagnosed as diabetic until I crossed 40. I'm 6'1" and 180lbs. Without medication my blood sugar has gotten up to 500. I was on metformin until it stopped working. Now I have to take insulin every morning.

I do believe that being sedentary greatly contributes to it. I work a desk job, and force myself to go for walks every hour. That helps, but what really tends to bring down my blood sugar is exercise. Even just a 20 minute workout ends up dropping my sugars the next day by a noticeable amount.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:04 am

So are you Type I or II?

Type I could be caused by a virus destroying the Beta cells in your pancreas so you can't produce insulin, but that's usually kids. Type II is resistance to insulin, usually caused by obesity, but you're skinny, even though you're the right age. What did your doctor tell you?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change